Keyword

TOPIC:

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 1 month ago #70494

Another thread another good project 😋😋😋

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 1 month ago #70508

Well, that's the real start of this adventure...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 1 month ago #70512

It is going to be step by step... And I'm still not fully Fusion 360 fluent like some others...

Here is what I have now. It takes quite a time...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 1 month ago #70520

That's what I would do Marc, build all the flat pieces then do the walls then the parts that stick out for bolts, screws or pins etc and join them together and the tub chassis is done.  You're doing great with 360, I need more practice. 

Regards

Lee

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 1 month ago #70521

Well, that's what seemed logical for me... But those pictures generated some discussion with my friend Ryo by chat yesterday, and it is most likely not the optimal way to do it. I may need to restart this differently. He suggested me to start by sketching the faces and join them to build a shell before doing any extrusion. The overall idea is that the shell will be ultimately the only body in the component while here I have a huge number of bodies... And having a limited number of bodies make it easier to manage, so I will probably restart from scratch and take benefit of his advise (I believe he knows what he is talking about, his artbook is definitely a proof of this :) ).
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 1 month ago #70523

Yes it looks like he does know what he is doing, it is only our current limited knowledge that slows us down. Once you know the easy way its easy. Looking forward to seeing how you do it. 
Regards

Lee

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 1 month ago #70524

I'll try to post regularly about this, with pics of the fusion project... It is going to be something fun, for sure :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 1 month ago #70590

The pictures from the previous post generated some discussion with my friend Ryo who highlighted the shortcomings of my silly approach to model the chassis.

I decided to restart the work from scratch using a different approach. The idea being to build a body with the different masses present in the chassis and then use shell function in confusion360 to get it unfilled.

After some time, and it goes surprisingly quicker, this is what I get:

Although this is not finished, as I have few details still to do to get the bottom right, I could not help but test shell function with the chassis next to my screen...

Enough for tonight, I need to sleep :-)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001, Ducksnuts

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 1 month ago #70592

Looking good.

Was gonna say, a lot of the modelling I've done in cad it's easier to start with a bulk solid, and then use smaller solids to subtracting the unwanted areas to form the details.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 1 month ago #70595

Small progress this morning, as I had other ongoing stuff to shuffle...
Got back in the CAD late in the morning. Few tries were required to get the bottom right, and I'm using shell to check my stuff is right

It seems to go in the right direction. Need to decide what is next on the design path...

Ducksnut,it all depends... You may have some parts on which it is easier to assemble surfaces than to start from a body... But in the present case, starting from a bulk body is definitely easier...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001, Ducksnuts

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.