Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 months ago #70559

Fantastic ! Only problem is waiting for them to print it takes sooooooo long. Great results though. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 months ago #70566

Yeah... It is still printing, and I want to see them in real, now!
In the meantime, I played a bit. Generated a second set of wheel design with the same elements, so I can generate step files for CNC... Maybe I want to try this... But it's hugely expensive... Maybe I need to win at the lottery first (maybe I should even play for that first) :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 months ago #70567

Print was launched yesterday and did last about 21 hours. I was a bit impatient to try out.

I let you judge of the trick...

I still have a minor change to do on the rear wheel (may be i'm a bit perfectionist), and it will be time to call it done (at least this is my hope  :lol: )
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 months ago #70570

The print is done and tested, and it's now final.

Remain to extract the stl files for some of the wheels defined, in both friction and hex driver, and with some variant of size and number of spokes, and I'll upload them on Thingiverse at some point...
But not now. I'm exhausted :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 months ago #70572

I'm fan
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 months ago #70573

Milestone!!!
Marui Samurai Rims set by silvertriple - Thingiverse
A universe of rims is on Thingiverse!

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 months ago #70591

Wheels are looking good.

I really like the classic oval/kidney shape rims.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 1 month ago #70605

As  someone mentioned in one thread of another forum he was missing the G55 spacer for his Samurai, I took it from the box, modelled it and published it on Thingiverse...
www.thingiverse...ng:5254556

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 1 month ago #70735

As mentioned in the postman thread, I got a third Samurai today

It was in France, it was published on a picture on a group by the owner with the question about what it was... I had a chat with the guy, and he asked  me what would be the value of it. I gave him the honest value, based on the pictures. My estimation was later on confirmed by some people who did not saw the exchange in the comments of the picture itself. The guy asked me if I was interested, and I could not say I was not. I told him I would buy it if I could, but unfortunately timing was bad for me...  The guy asked about the good timing, and I told him March... And then it happened about one month later....

Marks of use underside, but beside this it is in very good shape. One of the rims has lost part of the chroming, but beside this they are nice... Complete, no missing parts. A good cleaning required...

The Samurai have always been one my favorite cars, if not my favorite. And like the Hunter, it takes a very specific place here... And for the two other warriors that arrived today, I'll open a single thread when it will be time to start to work on them...

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 1 month ago #70742

🤤🤤🤤
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.