Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 weeks ago #70901

Just a tip:
Garden State Hobbies on FB is selling a brand new Samurai body right now 
www.facebook.co...848832196/
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 weeks ago #70902

Thanks Richard, but I'll let it go.
I have already few bodies on order from TBG  for the Samurais (3), and the ones I have already are quite in good state. It's not the case for wings, but I will sort that out...

I got some 3D printed parts from The Optima House recently incoming which I did not talk about much :
- full front bulkhead,
- 2 rear gearboxes
- 1 black chassis
- Few Marui multipurpose pilots (Samurai, Ninja, Shogun)...

Some other parts arrived among the last few weeks
- a full set of NIP Samurai Wheels
- rear gear sets from AristoCraft Dolphin/Kangaroo (diffs/bevel gears are the same as the rear one from the Samurai, Ninja, Shogun - and they are much cheaper and easier to find)
- 2 sets of small bevel gears for the Shogun (they are made of metal, while on the Samurai and Ninja, they are made of Nylon)

I'm currently still working on getting the parts printed for the Nichimo (black parts are already ordered and approved, but the red one still requires some work), but this thread will become more active soon, as I believe I should be able to rebuild a Samurai soon :)

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 weeks ago #70906

Interesting gears. Thanks

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 weeks ago #70908

Yes, It seems that those models were quite "inspired" from the Samurai. Some elements can be mounted from one to the other and vice versa (but most parts are différent)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 weeks ago #70911

So, easier for the coors to...🥳

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 weeks ago #70912

Indeed :)

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 weeks ago #70944

While not having the ball bearings to start to build one a Samurai, it did not prevent me to work on the Samurai project...

I wanted to order wheels sls printed from one of the Asian providers which have currently a very interesting discount for first orders. The Samurai wheel set alone did not make the full cut of the discount. I decided to design a wing with Nylon SLS printing in mind (among the Samurais I got, 2 of them are complete with nice bodies, but the wings did not survive - I have to do something for my runner).

Once done, I ordered the wheels and wing in white SLS and can't wait to see the parts arriving.

While having 2 Samurai side by side, I took a picture of a difference I noticed

One of the gearbox is having a opening and a red door while the other one is not having anything. I remember one press article from a magazine in which they do advise to do a hole to ease the motor pinion change on the field. I believe the Samurai with the gearbox without opening is from a first generation while the second one from the iteration that followed (in which they took the feedback from the owners on the race field). This is quite interesting as it shows that Marui was taking customers feedbacks and doing something with it (there is other small/minor improvement made within the Marui cars that are interesting to see).
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 weeks ago #70945

Yes very interesting.

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 1 week ago #71022

When I teared down to parts my first Samurai, I put all the parts in a box without cleaning them as it was late that day, and I did not have a chance to clean them up until today...

At that time I did not even too the time to completely unbuilt it: the front diff was still assembled and there is few parts in the rear gearbox still together (I did not remove the e-clips), and I needed to remove the white parts from the front arms...

I tackled the front diff first... Removing the screws is easy. Removing the metal bevel gear is easy on one of the side, but not on the second side. I took paper clips, folded them, and let's try...

By little steps, I succeed to get it out while killing two paper clips (need to think about a better solution for the other Samurais, as it is needed to do this in order to place ball bearings).

Then I took care of the front arms before putting them in the WD40 bath with the other parts...

Those clips are also difficult to remove (if anyone have an easy solution for this, I'm interested).

Anyway, parts are happily in the bath now :)

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 1 week ago #71023

I did some measurements, and get into Fusion360 to build a tool to ease the extraction of the bevel gear from the front differential...

I'm going to print it and try :-)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.