Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 weeks ago #71024

Printed in 0.2 mm/layer...

Not perfect yet, let's be clear, but...

I you have ideas to make it better, do not hesitate to tell me :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 weeks ago #71026

I did rework my tweezer for bevel gear, and it works like a charm now...
I just put it in Thingiverse. It was a 4 minutes print (from the time it started to print) on layer size 0.12. It may not last more than 1 or 2 extractions, but I believe it will take less time to print it and to try this way than to do it with a paper clip folded like I did, which does not allow to pull it from both sides...www.thingiverse...ng:5347369
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 2 weeks ago #71028

Like a "grenouille".  Top

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 1 week ago #71038

Did progress on the Samurai N°1 clean up...
At the end here is what I have on the table

I think I know now the reason why the front middle bulkhead was broken : there was a heavy collision at the left side - the left bottom arm is bended
Over the last few months, I accumulated quite a few Samurai parts, including a chassis from Dadio Designs and one from Optima House and two complete cars in running state, with some cleanup required. 

The plan is to start the build of the N°1 based on the Optima House chassis. It will include both front and rear gearboxes from Optima House. I hope Dadio won't mind, but the time of his chassis will come, but with the white chassis, it gives opportunity the black chassis doesn't, and I will probably have to consider additional white parts to go with it (not that I want it white, but I'm thinking of dyeing the whole set of part in a particular color).Stay tuned, hopefully, I will be able to move a lot of things within the next few weeks :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 1 week ago #71039

I can't wait to see these restos rebuilds. I love the sam

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 1 week ago #71052

Yesterday, after having dealt with the cleaning, I had some time... But I didn't want to start the Samurai build as I'm still awaiting few bits to appear on a picture before starting the built. They are expecting to show up soon, but never soon enough.I decided to start modeling the Samurai. Rims and Wing are already done. I decided to start by the roll cage. Unlike the chassis, at least there is some symmetry, but it is not that easy as the bars are not all in the same plan. There might be something like a subtle degree deviation from the front bar compared to the plan between the top and rear bar. One of my friend says measurement is hard, I decided to experiment somehow.First I decided to measure the distance between the braces, and to set them on a component called Middle plane, which is just purposed to help building the roll cage... From there, it was easy to define the distance between the roll cage and the middle plan component as the brace is easy to measure. I then set a pipe with two sketchs to join my bodies.
next was to add the body mount, wing and roof support.
It actually went quicker than I expected for that part. And it was very easy to add the mirror to complete this
This morning, my doctor decided to put me on sick leave for some analysis as I had stomach pain for the last few days. Part of the morning was in the laboratory to do some blood tests and other analysis, and the rest was at home to wait for the results. My stomach pain is still there, but I can't help doing something, so opened Fusion 360 to get to think about something else than my pain (trust it or not, this treatment seems to work for me).I continued on the roll cage modeling. The rear part was done in two sketches (yeah, trying to do as much as I can in reduced number of sketches).
A bit later I had this

... and this
As I had the wing modeled already, I thought it could make sense to try it to check my measurements and design (I did not used it to set the wing support...)

It doesn't look bad :-)I added the roof on top of the roll cage.
And did the Nerf bars as well...
I got hints that Samurai is probably the hardest chassis to model, and I assume the chassis will be more difficult. I intend to model it like I did the Nichimo, just because it is fun to do it, and will probably save me some money because with the time I'll take to do it, I won't build new kits :-) (and I have other reasons, but you'll be discovering those in proper times if ever I can actually do what I'm thinking about)...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 1 week ago #71054

Pretty nice marc. I hope you'll be better fastly
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 1 week ago #71055

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Get well soon Marc. I’m so amazed at what you are doing here.

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 1 week ago #71056

After my last post, I decided to start working on the gearbox.
I already have 2 new gearbox from Optima House for my Samurai, so this is clearly only for the fun (or maybe because I need at least one motor plate :-) )

I decided to do things in proper order this time (doing things in the proper sequence will allow to gain some time compared to what I did for the Nichimo). So the motor plate comes first.

And yes, I used this trick today. Very easy to see the parallels and perpendicularities with this trick :)

I decided to start by the elements which were the most obvious on the gearbox plate.

Then I used a simple way to define the rest: triangulation. Define each center of holes by two other centers distances.

I did size the thing on my 4K screen so it looks the same size as in reality, making easy check that everything is right.

It looks a bit complex, there is a lot of measurements, but that's it...

And I have my motor plate... (this si not a scan, this is the virtual thing :-D)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 2 years 1 week ago #71058

That's Amazing marc

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.