Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 1 year 10 months ago #71519

I took some pictures yesterday evenning before going to sleep :). I could not wait more to see the final result... I wanted it to be simple and effective, and I'm very happy with the result.

The wing will be used only on the shelf, there is a Nylon PA12 SLS printed wing for the runs. I need to find a can of TS-45 for this.
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 1 year 10 months ago #71523

🤤🤤🤤 j'en veux unnnnnn

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 1 year 9 months ago #72026

Changed the faulty servo broken at Belley... 2 hours work :)
Did not unmount everything : 
- removed the sprocket first
- removed the underside guard and bumper
- removed the roll cage in one part
- removed the front spring tensionner, and middle part
- unscrew the front cell
- changed the servo
- remount everything

My Samurai is back on track. This car has never been thought for maintenance, for sure :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 1 year 8 months ago #72194

Last time I ran cars at my club I did broke only a servo... Someone said I did not try hard enough !

I did a quite violent run with the Samurai this morning...

The nylon wing did not survive the run. The rest of the car is safe, and the chassis is intact. Although I did encounter an additional issue with the pivot ball leaving the rear right arm a few laps after the previous fly, and having the car stopped with a dogbones lost on the ground... The OptimaHouse parts are validated, they all survive this run.

Beside this I also had a non functionning servo on the Spider TF3, for an unknown reason as it was working perfectly fine last time... For this time, my son did not broke anything. Not too bad, actually. We left at 12:00, while the temperature was already above 30.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 1 year 8 months ago #72195

Sure! Validated 👍
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 1 year 8 months ago #72200

Ouch!
The track looks very overgrown?
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 1 year 8 months ago #72201

Yes Ducksnuts, the grass is a bit high times to times... We went there on a Sunday, no way we could get the lawn mover on before we run... I'm lucky when I go once a month, and most of the times it's a Sunday, and we are dependant on what was done over the week...

But somehow, it is still much better than running in the garden, and the fact is that type of changing ground also adds some fun, as the car's behaviour is not fully predictable :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 1 year 8 months ago #72348

Since those were missing in the CAD collection, I modeled the Samurai tires...

They are quite similar to the Ninja tires in the spirit, somehow, but require a heavier timeline in CAD software... Ultimately, it did not took much time to complete those.

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 1 year 4 months ago #73188

I got recently some Samurai left over parts. Among those there was two motor plates...
I needed to rework my motor plate, as it is the basis for the gearbox. After doing measurements, I decided I would proceed differently and redo it from scratch.

I took a picture, applied a Canvas, calibrated it and did it from there... I don't like this way of doing, but it gets the things right.

Then I took the time to look at my two plates. There was two versions of the gearbox and as well two version of the motor plate. Except one hole (circular on one side, and slot on the other side), everything else match.

I  did stop working on the chassis when I noticed some measurements of the gearbox were wrong. And until I got those two motor plates, I was not able to measure anything as the Samurai n°2 and N°3 are not in parts yet... And the Number 4 was missing most metal parts. At this stage I succeed to get axles, outdiffs, motor plate, roof, and some other small parts. I still need to find a shaft set, big bevel gears and a central diff so I would have everything to work out a N4.

In the meantime, the motor plate being right should allow me to restart back on the Samurai model, starting from the gearbox (which I need to redo - not sure a replace component would work for this). But before this, I'll print a motor plate for a safe check.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko

Marui Samurai 4WD - Another SilverTriple's journey... 1 year 2 months ago #73833

Thinking about my Samurai N°4 which is still in parts and incomplete currently...

Missing elements are actually very few :
- Center differential
- Sprocket

I'm thinking now that based on what I have done with the Ninja, I have already a good part of the Center diff already : the main gear is a derivation of the rear diff gear, and for the big bevel gear, they would be easily derived from the rear diff big bevel gears... So this should be easy to pull a model for Samurai center diff (I could cheat with an aristo craft hitec Kangaroo's spooler, but that would be no fun :) )... 

Then it would remain the sprocket... I need to find data on how to design one, so if one has a lead to design information of the sprocket, I would be interested :-)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.