Keyword

TOPIC:

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 5 months ago #72716

And it's very important for runners. And the wheele adaptors will really help to use différents wheeles. Congrats Marc for your work on maruis.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 5 months ago #72735

Spend most of the aftenoon outside, taking benefit of the sun and cleaning the Coors parts...

This car is ready for the build. it will have to wait for the two others to be ready as well (and oil shocks to be ordered)... :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Lemsko

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 5 months ago #72738

Nice!

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 5 months ago #72759

I have a Grey printed Nylon PA12 MJF gearbox from Optima House I intend to use for one of the cars. 

Unfortunately the grey is way off...

Attempt to dye it in smoke grey (Dylon) today...

The result is a fail : Dylon doesn't work like Rit Dye... 

I've ordered some Rit Dye, which means builds are again slightly delayed...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 4 months ago #72920

A bit of Ninja love yesterday evening...

I had the wheels model already, but while i'm still having target to try reproduce tires, if I want to run my Ninja before that, I will need rims adapted to available tires...

I decided to apply the same principle as the Samurai wheels...

I first focused on the rear rim (on the left side the orignal one, front rim is center, and rear modfied rim is right). I did the same than with the Samurai : modifed the wheel to get in the same aspect as the Samurai : rims is going to look smaller).

I then slightly modified the front rim to make it look bigger...

Then made hex driven versions, and 2.2 size version for those willing to run a Ninja like based on a modern chassis and modern wheels...

They are already on thingiverse, here :
www.thingiverse...ng:5593664
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 4 months ago #72925

I decided to print a White Ninja rim set for a friend who have a Ninja with a red bodyshell. I'm going to see him in the next few days as I have a car sitting for him since July in my pile of boxes (some stuff he bought without seeing it and he asked me to get it for him)...

I took a very different approach for the printing this time. Usually, I print wheels with face up. The Ninja rim is particular as the center of the rim is leveled with the ring of the rim. With the face down, it can be printed without supports on the visible part of the rim. I added a layer of 0.2 (for a print in 0.2 per layer) to fill the center hole and remove all supports on the face of the rim (I know that overhangs wise with the mods I did on the head I can go up to 70° angle, and up to 35mm bridges without too much quality loss, so it will work as the center recess for the nut is actually going to be bridge instead of 90° overhang with a hole).

I started the print and waited the critical layers to be printed to check if it worked (not that I had too many doubts, that said).

I then went to sleep :). This morning it was waiting for me.

After my breakfast, it was time to have a detail look at this.

The result is above my expectations. I told my friend I was printing this for him and told him initially that he may have to use filler and paint to make it clean, but looking at the result, it won't be needed apparently.

The area where the quality is not perfect is the center of the wheel where the nut will hide it and where the supports were for the external rings, which will be hidden by the tires. It's a success. I should be able to take some snaps with tires on a Ninja within the next few days :-) (I did not start the build of mine, yet).
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 4 months ago #72933

Wahoo very nice and thin print. 

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 4 months ago #72939

Went with the printed rims to a friend's place today. He pulled his red Ninja, took some Tamiya oval blocs and put them on the car on one of the sides.

The fit is perfect, I'm very happy with the result, and he is happy with the rims...

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 4 months ago #72942

Yeahhh congrats

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 months ago #73369

Spent some time in Fusion 360 to review my mould definition to include some air valve to ease the demould process and to include centering plots to make sure all my parts are properly centering. I used colored apparence to ease the feature recognition : red for centering features (8 of them), blue for the mould, and grey for the valve...

Remains to do : identify the hardware for resin and for air input. I will have to go to the local store to see what I can find and adapt from there. This will be certainly a lot of fun :-)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.