Keyword

TOPIC:

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 4 months ago #73370

GÉNIAL 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 months ago #73381

Today, I got another car joining this project with its box.

Detail inspection shows the chassis had very little use : all under exposed parts seems close to new, except the front bumper with very little marks. Storage was not excellent, and there was probably moisture, as some of the metal parts got rust (luckily I should have what is required to replace those if I can get them back). Tires are cracked as well, but there is chances I can get them back. It's complete, even the driver is here. And there is only one missing part on one of the rear shocks (I'm not too much worried, as I may have a yellow one that I can dye in red). Even the bodyshell is not damaged much (I may try to remove the paint and redo it, as the windows were not masked. It should allow for a nice restoration...

I have a few days off, that may be a good moment to build some cars (I need boxes for another Fusion 360 work :-) )...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Ducksnuts

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 months ago #73384

Congrats,  a nice ninja

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 months ago #73385

Speaking about Ninjas, there is one that was cleaned few months ago awaiting for a rebuild (I thought about doing parallel builds for Ninja Coors and Shogun, but that would have taken much time and documentation would have been a nightmare, so I decided to do one build only today).

So : Ninjaaaaa!
As usual on those 4WD cars, it starts by the cells. Here you start by the rear gearbox, and more precisely by its front output (this car is targeted as light runner, and it will be ball raced).

Then you put this on the side of the rear gearbox. You may note here that the gearbox is following Ninja V1 specs : nylon small bevel gears, like the Samurai; as it is targeted for light run, I did not bother replacing them by metal bevel gear, I may decide to replace them later on (I'll do eventually when I'll be sure of the content of all chassis, which is not the case yet)

Both sides of the gearbox are then clubbed together, and side walls with arms fixations are completing the group

Shock towers and arms are joining the crew.

I've not decided yet what motor I'll put in this car...

After the rear gearbox the focus shift on the front gearbox, and more precisely with its ear input...

Front diff is added and the gearbox will get closed.

The front gearbox follow the same principle as the rear, with side walls around the gearbox including arms fixations and shock towers. I suspect Kuhiraha San had something modular in mind when he did this: Coors and Shogun have some distinctives elements there, and I think the arms fixation may have been thought for more possibilities...

(I forgot a picture here, but that's similar to the rear :-) )

Once both Rear and Front cells are ready, the focus shift to the center and the chassis : you'll add the steering servo and the the steering elements, and the top reinforcement of the chassis.

Once this is done, the rear cell joins the chassis (fixations are bottom and top on the sides and one on the top).

The front joins the chassis at next step with the shaft.

Next is to put the shocks on the chassis (I built them first :-) )

The bodyshell was trimmed quite a long ago (it always take less room trimmed). I will have to review the cut around the rear shocks.

I did not resist to put the car on wheels...

The tires here are not for this car, but they are going with the one arrived yesterday. I'll try to get the tires from the other car back for this one.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, Ducksnuts

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 months ago #73386

Opération ninjaaaaaa!
Very nice one . :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 months ago #73593

The Super Wheelie CAD project is going to wait I find a CJ-7 Golden Eagle to model... And I can't start the Nichimo as I have no box to do to the tear down.

I have some Coors parts available here that I can model easily, so this is exactly what I'm going to do, starting by the specific part to the Coors chassis...

Tonight, I modeled the wheels (had laready the tires, and the variant on the rims is just the color...)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, GToddC5

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 months ago #73658

As i'm awaiting to start something else, I modeled all the Coors chassis specific parts... That includes the body mounts, the rear support for those, and the suspension limiter settings...

And I was going to start the bodyshell... I have 2 original ones, so I should be able to do good work for this... But after some reflexion, I decided I need to have the chassis in before doing that. So late last night, I started to model the chasis... Here is where I was after one hour work...

Now I have a lot of details to add...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 months ago #73659

Looks great

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 months ago #73661

That was quick...

A revision of the length for the battery slot, a sketch on top of it...

Then a skecth to define the steering elements... And another one to define the way the battery door is sloting in...

And here we are, a Marui Ninja/Coors/Shogun chassis...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 3 months ago #73668

After the chassis, I worked out the front gearbox...

I started by the left side, as it is easier. Not much difficulties, here... It went quite fast...

Then I worked out the right side... Slightly more complex as there is the input shaft to deal with (at that point of time, I did not knew yet that I did a mistake)...

Next was the cap for the input shaft (at that point of time, I should have spot the pistake as it is very obvious here, at least now that I know there was a mistake)...

Next I did the arms supports, which are separated pieces from the gearbox (I suspect Kurihara San had some intention with this, but on the three cars, the parts are the same except the color which is different for the Ninja).

When I had those parts in, I had a look at the front underguard and its angles, and the mistake became quite obvious...
A few sketch to correct and the problem is solved (you may note the input shaft angle which is different).

Last two small parts which allow to fix the gearbox to the front underguard...

I may need to take care of the underguard next...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.