Keyword

TOPIC:

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 2 months ago #73721

Sometimes things doesn't work, and you may spend a lot of time to do a joint... That was the case to include the steering rods... I finally succeed to get it done, but that took a bit of time to find out how to solve the issue for the right steering rod while the left worked like a charm..
The full steering is now in, with the servo and all joints are working properly...

Then I made the shocks, and added them to the chassis... I included a pivot ball in the top shock cap as it is better for joining them to the assembly...

I will need to focus next on the gear set...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 2 months ago #73736

After the shocks, time to deal with the internals...

I started by the "simple things" :)

Then I took care of the differential bevel gears...

Next the output/inputs bevel gears... And I need to find the motor pinions, I should have some somewhere in one of the boxes...

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 2 months ago #73743

I did not post yesterday, but that was intense work...

I started to deal with the bevel gears for the central joints. I started to check the position of the cone inside the gearbox.

The way those bevel gears 18T mod 1 are built  is basically variant of the same bevel gear. I designed a base bevel gear from a 18T mod 1 spur gear projection at 45°, and I then copy paste as new to work out the 3 variants I needed for the full gear set...

Once that was done, I decided to add those elements in the chassis... I followed the manual and applied all the joints one by one

At the end my rear gearbox is quite crowded...

Then I did the same at the front

After that I pull a motor and mounted it in the rear gearbox with the 18T pinion (I need to model the 16T pinion as well - there was two in the box of Marui Thunderbird Coors).

And finally, I added the center shaft...

I could have stopped there, but I did not. I have somewhere a Coors driver STL (which I'm not allowed to share), and put it on the chassis... Bill Elliot is gigantic...

Finally, I put some colors on the parts (not sure of the yellow and the grey, but the general idea is there)...

Today, after my day of work, I added the wheels in, and tried to do some parametric stuff. I have joint the wheels to the driver using a parametric distance, based on a fonction using a sign(value) with value being 1 or -1. I tried to apply the same principle to the suspension rest angle but it's a mixed result at this stage. I will also need to apply a ball and slider to the top of the suspension limiters so I have this coherent, and as well for the shafts... But for the time being, I have whatever I need to deal with the bodyshell...

I may not give up yet on the chassis, but I already spend about one hour and it still doesn't work the way I want, and I may want to be able to display both version next one to each over, which means it may not work (let's think about this for later :-) )
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, GToddC5

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 2 months ago #73755

Next elements to deal with will be the bodyshell..
I may use the schematics on the box as a starting point.

That plus measurements of the different elements on one of the original bodies I have (2 of the Coors had their original body) should allow me to do something realist... I'm not sure to start right now, I may want to tear down the next car to be modeled (let state it, instead of one, maybe I should speak about 2 :-) )
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 2 months ago #73757

🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤😁😁😁

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 year 2 months ago #73766

Before starting something else, I took two additional snapshots of the Coors chassis...

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 11 months 3 weeks ago #74866

I've also printed tires for the Ninja...

I've printed rims also for the occasion with some white added to the red :-)

And that's how this looks like

And on the car now... I really need to do the paint job, now (I'll need this car to be ready for a Vintage event mid may).

And for comparison with original cracked tires

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 11 months 3 weeks ago #74867

Same color theme as the sam for the body? 

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 11 months 3 weeks ago #74869

Wich motor is in the ninja?

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 11 months 3 weeks ago #74870

A Trinity motor, not sure what model exactly. I don't even now if it works, and I'll have to find out...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.