Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

First time in my life that I build another brand than Tamiya ..... Kyosho Beetle 1 year 10 months ago #71315

• koenc
  • koenc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
With 3 (old) Tamiya guys we decided to build each our own version of the Kyosho Beetle 2014 rerelease.Sooooo, let's admit. I actually loved this build. Thinking that this was out around the time Tamiya had the Sand Scorcher. The Sand Scorcher must have looked like ancient history compared to this.This wil become a beach runner so I put Proline Sand Paddle tires on it also.Will be fast with the Castle Creation 7700kV brushless   

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

First time in my life that I build another brand than Tamiya ..... Kyosho Beetle 1 year 10 months ago #71317

Yeahhh koen. Nice. If you need advices, ask to  Marc. 
The following user(s) Liked this: koenc, silvertriple

First time in my life that I build another brand than Tamiya ..... Kyosho Beetle 1 year 10 months ago #71319

Well. Back in the eighties, at the time of the Sand Scorcher, there was the Kyosho Scorpion (1982, imported by Graupner in Europe and Cox in US), the Beetle is a variant that came later (can't find the year, but I believe it is anterior to the Tomahawk). The Tomahawk (1984) was a slightly improved chassis compared to the Beetle and the Scorpion to make it lighter (the bathtub was replaced by a top deck, mainly, and shocks were slightly improved). And the Turbo Scorpion (1985) came with a long wheel base, and even better shocks compared to the Tomahawk...
Before the RC10, that was the racing car... 
And when you look at the whole Kyosho range, the 4WDS/4WD that came in 1984(Gallops/Progress) and 1985 (Optima/Javelin) have also made date in the RC car history.

But what amaze me is the price compared back in those times. The Kyosho were in France about 1200 FRF, while the SRB chassis based and ORB chassis based were over 1700 FRF...
No question why my dream at that time was a Kyosho Tomahawk (I got a Marui Hunter as I never got a chance to get my hand on a Tomahawk at that time)...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by silvertriple.

First time in my life that I build another brand than Tamiya ..... Kyosho Beetle 1 year 10 months ago #71366

Looks amazing.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.