Keyword

TOPIC:

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73227

Yeahhh city civic is on road

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73238

Some times later... I produced the different profiles of the bodyshells

I then applied lofts between all the sections completed with some extrusions, applied a shell and made a mirror... It's far from perfect, but for the time being it looks like good enough for something I don't really want to do anything with (this baja body is not really what I'm looking for this chassis). At least it was more or less easy to get in Fursion 360, and is suitable to show the chassis with a bodyshell...

At least I have now 3 completed cars for this project :-)

@Flo, yeah, would love to be able to build a City bodyshell...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73239

Having the Baja in CAD (more or less), I could not resist to put them in the same file...

I will review the Hilux bodyshell as I really intend to do something with it. I've order a Lancia 037 touring body from TBG, it may be quite close of the one from Hirobo... We'll see...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73242

The work I did yesterday for the 44B Racing Baja bodyshell made me think a lot last night: the LWB chassis has a lot of options in terms of bodyshells... For the SWB, there is not much... We could eventually rely on a a M chassis body for 210MM wheelbase, but the winch would not work with it... Had to find one bodyshell that works with... And I started to love this Hilux bodyshell. Unfortunately, no reproduction available :-(

Over the last months I spend so much time trying to get a bodyshell mould done for the Midships of Bormac... Still trying, but I have thought about a lot of things. The Hilux bodyshell have some complex stuff, but I should be able to do something for it...

I took a copy of my work to make the virtual bodyshell, got it back before the shell application. If I do a mould, there is no need for the shell. I first applied some fillets and the details on the bonnet...

Then started to apply details (all before the mirror is applied)...

And some details again until I was happy with it...

Here is what it should look like with the accessories

Now, only thing left to do is to find one being able to print and vacuform this bodyshell...

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73244

Rrroooohhhhh it's amazing.  J'en veux une de chaque. 🤗😜 same if I haven't chassis to put under.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73246

Woke up this morning and noticed I missed 2 details on the bodyshell

Opened Fusion 360, and added them

The wheelbase is about 210 mm, so it would work as well for a M chassis. Do you think it makes sense to start discussion with bodyshell makers?

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73248

And on the chassis (it's not shelled, but at least it represents the end result)...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73252

I love this tiny toy.

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73259

This morning, I got new updates on the ongoing tests that I delegated...

The front belt cover has been printed and the tests are also concluding...

My tester reported that everything is lining up perfectly, and he is totally enthousiast about the next steps...

That being said, later on, he reported issues with the servo saver... He sent me a picture.

I checked my model, and revert back quickly to him about the outcome, and suggested he take the servo saver component from the Bearcat SS on Thingiverse :-). He was already considering two other solutions, but the Hirobo one should work here...

Next I did some work to estimate the costs of my venture in Bodyshell making... The mould would need to be printed in a material allowing for high temperature: highly expensive (far too much, out of reach).
did considered next an opposite mould : that makes the things slightly less costly, as the material can be basic, and would allow to pour in some high temp capable resin... Less expensive but unfortunately still out of reach...

It's a bit disapointing. I may print a counter mould at home, bit would need someone to be able to work it out for the next step... Dead idea?

Well, I toyed a bit with the idea of printing a bodyshell, and adapted it for this (another fork in my project tree). After some work : here is what I have.

And it may look acceptable.

I'll make it in 2 or 3 parts as even fro my Ender 5 plus, it is too big, and while doing this, I may want some people being able to print it on smaller printers...

Let's see where this goes in the next days...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 1 year 4 months ago #73265

I have solution without printing requirements for the MXL pulleys thanks to some indications on search terms found on ebay:
I found on ebay using "mxl14T timing belt pulley" search terms. One have 14T-60T, with different bores that makes the job and that should cover all the possible requirements.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.