Keyword

TOPIC:

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #73850

After a few hiccups my printer is back online... I had some hard time with it to the point I'm more and more considering than rather than buying new old cars, at some point I should trhow it and replace it by something more reliable...

Anyway, today, I started the test prints for the Big Bear/ Super Wheelie parts...

After the print, I pull the diff I used to do the CAD model, and did try the part in...

It drops in, it works, it meshes, and the overal dimension of the diff is the same than with the original part... That sounds good :)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #73851

After the print of the bevel gear 27T confirmed I could be slightly more optimistic about prints, I launched the full Big Bear gear set

I checked after a few layers to see it was ok to continue...

And it was... 2 hours later, I had the full gear set on the bed.

Once there, only remain the key thing : testing... I took the original diff, the printed one...

And tried all the possible combinations. I'm very happy to report a full success on this... Next tests will be about the gearbox and rear arms...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #73853

Gearbox parts are printed...

Good : 
- it matches the profile of the original gearbox, and holes positions are correct, axles as well, and on all faces...

Bad or mixed...
- it is really tight with the arms axes. I'll recheck the measurements, but I may have to review the main extrusions for the axles on each side to give more clearance.
- I can't really check the internal recesses are right as the surface is not good enough on the side with the centering plot... I may need to reprint it without the centering plot...

I'll have further checks on the model and the gearboxes tomorrow...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, GToddC5

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #73854

The parts look great.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #73855

After analysis, the issue came from the fact that the extrusions are slightly conical... I measured them at the basis, and there is .4mm of difference in the diameter between the base and the top... I've reviewed the diameter to correspond to the top rather than the base...
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #73856

And by drilling in the good diameter? 0.4 is a small rectification. 

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #73857

Well : I don't care about drilling test parts. The only purpose of testing part is to test it fits... I want to make proper files, so they work with original arms or original gearbox works with printed arms... And beside this, those printed parts are PLA, and not suitable for this use...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74116

Spend some time to do a cluster with the full Big Bear gear set in strengthened version (module .8). I also added whatever was needed to complete it for the Super Wheelie, within the same mod and a ratio as close as possible than the original gearset in module .6, and since I had many Hunter / Galaxy chassis, I could do good use of the same diff, as it is drop in as long as the idle gear and pinion are in .8 mod. The cluster is all in one and would work with any of the 2WD Marui cars... I've ordered 2 MJF PA12 prints of this to test it on all the different targeted cars (one is PA12 Glass Filled - I have a doubt I want to check, reason why I proceeded this way). It will take some time to come, as I ordered in economy to reduce the expense...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, GToddC5

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74174

Started to work out the CJ-7 bodyshell

I took the same approach as for the Land cruiser... Model half part of the main body, then the bonnet, shell seperated and then assemble them... And here is the progress so far...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74175

I am impressed by your work marc. 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.