Keyword

TOPIC:

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74185

Hey, new body on project.
I like that

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74228

The CJ-7 bodyshell is very detailed, and this turn to be as complex as you may think...

Did multiple tries for the front until I get a way which I was satisfied with...

It took me a while to get to the point of having a front somewhat similar to what I see... And yet, I'm not 100% happy with it, as there is some Fusion 360 limitations thet blocks me to do better...

Compared to the front, the rear is an easy one... And it starts to take shape... Although there is far too many sketches so far...

Here is the body in its current state on the chassis...

There is still a lot of work : the rear end, the top, the elements on the bonnet and the windshield fixation... And yet already about 40 sketches... :roll: 
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, mirrorman, stevar

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74229

The result is pretty nice. Maybe front wheele arches are a little too flat. But it's maybe the pict?

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74230

That's exactly where I can't do much because of the limitations here... It's constrained on top by the bonnet, and on the front by the distance... I could try to extend it, but then I have an issue with the front end... I rally can't do much, here... This is a bit complex... On that aspect, the Land cruiser was easier...

The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74231

And if you make spares extensions glued?

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74232

Looks nice and clean

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74233

And if you make spares extensions glued?

The target is anyway not to print this... I have enough bodyshells...
The main idea is to get the whole Marui SuperWheelies and Big Bear family together on a virtual picture... I'm trying to get as close as possible, without spending too much time on this....
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74234

They are perfect or almost perfect. 

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74235

Very good work, but the front is quite complicated.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 year 2 months ago #74243

not sure complicated is enough to qualify this :-)

I was talking about the rear side to someone... I even took a picture of it...

My thoughts : The designer who made it probably thought that 40 years after him someone would tried to model it in CAD and decided to give him some hard time :-D

Anyway, I decided to cheat, as mentioned earlier... I put a lid on the toolbox and identified it clearly. This car is going to go fast with my improved gears, so there is a fair reason to put a lid on the toolbox  :lol:  :mrgreen: 

Then, moved to the seats... They are challenging, somehow... Did simplified them, in a similar way than what I did for the Land Cruiser... There is always a way to do better, but i DId not want to spend too much time for it... That being said, thinking now, I may have done this in Surface mode perhaps in an easier way...

Added the last details : blinkers, room for the windshield fixation, hole for the gear lever and the switch...

And here it is on the chassis...

There is still some parts to do to complete the shell : the dasboard, the windshield. Most of the accessories are common to the Land Cruiser: I identified one difference : the spare wheel is not fully covered like on the Land Cruiser...
That's my next steps for this afternoon, probably in parallel to some Nichimo test prints...

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.