Keyword

TOPIC:

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75296

The Lexan bydshell was trimmed yesterday...

Few others elements printed in ABS for the Big Bear... Normally, they should be the last ones... Those are the parts you can find on Thingiverse from tahustvedt and threesixty31 users. I could have done some parts myself, but I was lazy :-)

They came out super nice. The front of the search lights will be paintad white, but that's all, beside this, all the parts will be taken directly like they are out of the printer... The only ones I'm not sure to use are the mirrors...
I'll prepare the fitting on the bodyshell before I'll take care of the paint...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, mirrorman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75297

On the Big Bear, everything is set for the bodyshell. Left over are the masking and the paintjob.... I'm quite clear on what it will look like, and it won't be boxart... There is 3 days left (and in practice that really means 2 evennings and one day) before the packing and departure for the first vintage event of the year I'll be going, not sure when I'll do the paint job, but accordingly to the weather forecast, it won't be easy.

In the meantime, I started to sort the parts for the Super Wheelie:
- 7.2V repaired chassis should normally have a white cj-7 or blue Landcruiser bodyshell, and black arms...
- a full transmission in mod .8
- gearbox parts
- red or black arms - have to decide (normally the red arms should go on a 6V chassis with a black CJ-7 body)
- a black CJ-7 body, in okish state, with lights I must test, and eventually replace...
- ball bearings...

I put everything on my desk and started... To stop almost immediately : the axis are too large of something of .1mm to go through the bearings... I need to shave them, but this means noise, and it's too late for this... We'll see tomorrow...

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75298

Do a simple flamming on the big bear or scalops. ( I prefer the flamming) like silver flames and metal red back. easy and fast paint job

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75299

I know exactly what I want to do, and it won't be flamming :)

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75304

Another barbapapa or an australian flag and a kangaroo?

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75305

I got some bad news from Norway : the Nylon PA12 Glass filled is too much brittle for gears and the experience turned short (very short)... I'll let Richard speak about it if he wants... On my side, I'll test the Nylon version this week-end, and I'll have as well a regular V1 gearbox ready, just in case, so I'll be able to run the Big Bear even if the gears break too fast (we'll see). 

On the super wheelie, the red arms and wheelie bar are not complete : one the wheelie bar side is uncomplete. I decided to print arms and wheelie bar in ABS... And they turned so nice I'm now contemplating the idea of getting the gearbox and the chassis printed, although I'm not sure I'll have the time for the chassis...

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75306

It was indeed very short lived!
First test drive only laste about 10 meters!
Started softly and coasted down my driveway and made a turn and vehicle was standing still with the sound of wirr wirr.
Opened the transmission and yes the idler gear was robbed from it's teeths!
Chips of the teeths can be seen on both sides of the casing.

Cleaned the transmission, fitted the orginal metal idler gear and lubed it up.
Not much further the second the second time, this time it lasted about 2-3 minutes.
Opened it up and this time the small gears inside the diff had lost a good part of teeths on all of the 3 gears.

Third time I installed the stock V2 gears and it all was good.
Ran a full battery with no probem.
I did not dear to brake so I only coasted after full speed and slide around and up and down the gravel road.
Might been to causious, but it is the only working gear set I have between all my 3 cars.

I'm very greatful that I got to test those gears. 
At least we got a starting point!
A more used material like nylon might work better, but both Marc and myself doubt the idler gear as the small end is only 9t and it can only take so much.
Might be the reason Marui made that idler gear in metal in the first place.

But if next type of material do not work out for some reason, I do have an idea how to solve that.
But for that I need a lathe that can mill hardned steel...

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Last edit: by caprinut.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75316

ABS prints are really clean with the X1C... But somehow, sometimes, I have the feeling I'm defying the gravity...

Those prints are dond arleady and were successful... And due to the support position, they are much better than my red test print in terms of quality.

I've launched the front and center part of the chassis, and the result is not yet ready...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75317

Very nice work my friend!
The chassis looks very good and smooth!

Have not yet tested ABS on my printer, but I think I will when I get up and running again..

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75318

Half fail for the last plate of prints...

I've been slightly too optimistic when pushing the printer boundaries in terms of gravity, as the front part is missing bumper supports...

At the end I decided to keep the printed parts for the presentation table, and the printed chassis will not run next this week-end...

The Super Wheelie rigid axle assembly is built with a RS-540 SH which fits the gearbox, new wires and printed transmission, as the real goal is to be able to test it...

I'll continue the build later on tonight...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.