Keyword

TOPIC:

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75320

Awesome prints Marc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75321

Yesterday night, I had a Super Wheelie with a Big Bear front train, as the front knuckles axles were nowhere to be found in what was delivered with the car (there is always a problem :-) ). I found the required screws this morning and the problem is solved. The test chassis is now ready :-)

It remain a bit of work :
- print tpu internal sleeves for front tires (there was not initially I believe, but one of my friend created some and uploaded them on Thingiverse)
- clean the rims
- letter the tires
- assemble the bodyshell. It won't be perfect, but the target is really to be able to test the car.

on the Big Bear, i'll have to do the paintjob today, so still a bit of work :)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75322

There was work being done...

And after a print and some paint applied (unfortunately, no stckers to match what was needed)...

Ok, there was not so much work : I did nothing on the bodyshell, it was good to go... It may require a bit of restoration, the lights are not working, and it would require me to butcher the front to do something about it... No time for this right now, I'll see this later. But for the time being, the gear set test ring in Super Wheelie configuration is ready :-)

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75323

Nice one! I begin to regret my cj. You have a lot of work on the front grill ...

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75324

The Super Wheelie done, the afternoon remain for the Big Bear paint job... I had quite a good idea of how I wanted it to be... "SImple paintjob, dual tone, gun metal and silver, provision for lights later"

And let's be more specific... I started to watch The Mandalorian with my son the day I finised the paintjob of the Ninja, and I though gun metal would go nicely with a Mandalorian themed bodyshell :-). It's a bit anachronic, but I don't care :-)

Gun metal, then silver, then black to back the silver...

And here is the Big Bear with its bodyshell...

I'm ahead of my plan of a few hours... I have a set of spare RX and Servo, maybe I could build another car?  :lol:  :mrgreen: (ok, no, I can't do that, as I suspect the RX of the ESC of the Fantom to have an issue, and I really want this car to run as well...)

I'll have now to prepare my stuff and not forget remote, battery and chargers :)

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75325

The bear body looks nice.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75327

Yeah those came out nice!
I really like the painted decals on the bonnet 

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75328

I did aanother try with 1.5V battery and the light is in... There is actually leds in the Super Wheelie bodyshell. until know I was thinking it was only light bulbs, but they did not work. It's just a question of connecting the right wire on the right pole... I took the solder iron, and did a small connector...
And theres is light now :-)

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75330

I love these lights.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 10 months 1 week ago #75335

One single pic with my whole Marui crew

There is others, but not in presentable state yet :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, yogi-bear, stingray-63, AndyAus

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.