Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Maxxum FF race runner resto-build 10 months 3 weeks ago #75362

I picked up this Maxxum FF which arrived on Friday, Just in time for the weekend 😁 As you can see the previous owner decided to paint the parts with Yellow and white spray paint 😶 I'm not even upset, It meant that I could afford it and be okay with running it hahaha. I have a mint shelf queen so I was able to use the top plate as a guide to have a custom new one made for this runner :) After my son stripped the car down, I was able to remove all the paint from the parts and I'm very happy with how they have cleaned up 😁 

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, EddyCH, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Maxxum FF race runner resto-build 10 months 3 weeks ago #75364

One of the few FWD chassis from Kyosho 

Nice work with the paint removal?
What did you do to clean them up so good?
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Maxxum FF race runner resto-build 10 months 3 weeks ago #75367

Thanks 😁 I was able to media blast them with a fine media which didn't chew the material, It's not factory smooth but perfect for this. I wish Tamiya used this material, Their parts wouldn't break as often hahaha.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Maxxum FF race runner resto-build 10 months 3 weeks ago #75376

Great progress tonight, Rebuilt the gearbox with full bearings and drive cups. I had ordered some 32p hardened pinions for other projects but they came with a 5mm bore so no good for that, Turns out the 19t is a perfect replacement for the stock alloy one in this gearbox 😁 Polished the balls for the rear arms and straightened out the motor/gear plate before polishing the face, After giving the chassis plate a good clean I fitted a custom protector. Lastly the custom carbon upper deck arrived from Bezerk RC so she's starting to look like something 😁 Noticing some issues with the front hubs but will find a fix ;)

I used an original Maxxum ff upper deck as a guide then made and alloy prof of concept to allow for a lipo shorty before sending out to have cut from carbon :) 

from 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Maxxum FF race runner resto-build 10 months 3 weeks ago #75377

Beauty!

Maxxum FF race runner resto-build 10 months 3 weeks ago #75380

Amazing!

Maxxum FF race runner resto-build 10 months 3 weeks ago #75393

Thanks Fellas :) 

As usual the M3 thread in the alloy had stripped out so I tapped them and fitted M4 king pins, Cleaned up all the rods and arms then installed with the axles and shafts. Such a cool looking chassis

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Maxxum FF race runner resto-build 10 months 2 weeks ago #75396

Rebuilt the shocks today, Terrible internal seal system and the PO had used motor oil After installing them it was time to fit the wheels, So happy with this Still need a rear body mount but I have the body ready to trim and stickers on the way

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, EddyCH, GToddC5

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Maxxum FF race runner resto-build 10 months 2 weeks ago #75427

Made a small but import piece tonight, It didn't come with the steering connecting rod but regardless I needed to make one. I'm running a 2s Shorty which is 3mm thicker than the old packs so I had to install the servo with the spline at the rear instead of the original front orientation for clearance, Finished it off with some cold bluing 😊 I also installed some gromets in the upper deck to isolate the battery connectors from the carbon and stop the battery from moving side to side 😁

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, GToddC5

Maxxum FF race runner resto-build 10 months 2 weeks ago #75432

Installed the motor and the rest of the electrics, Cobbled together a rear body post then trimmed and sanded the edges on the body. I'm going to wait until the stickers arrive before I paint, Think I will use Lame Flake backed with pearl white 😁

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, EddyCH, GToddC5

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.