Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Vosper 68ft RTLL Rescue Launch build 11 years 10 months ago #9430

The threadlock arrived today, so after tapping the thread in the prop to a decent depth (rather than halfway), I installed the propulsion ... rudder set up is a bit of a lashup, but I really wanted to get on & test it out :D

The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Vosper 68ft RTLL Rescue Launch build 11 years 10 months ago #9452

I've fixed down the battery holders & things are looking much tidier in the motor/radio bay ... shame I can't say the same for my workbench :silly:

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Vosper 68ft RTLL Rescue Launch build 11 years 10 months ago #9764

Gave it a "sea trial" today on a local lake, thanks to a local RC boat club :)

The 55T motor turned out to be too sedate, and the fore/aft balance wasn't quite right - the bow waves it was pushing up made it look like a double sided snowplow :D

I'd taken the "flugmotor" so was able to swap over, and move the batteries back as well. The batteries & ESC didn't even get warm, but the motor failed the 3-second test, so some more cooling is needed. It just about got up on the place, but any more than 75% throttle just made the boat sit down further in the water & didn't produce any more speed, I think a bigger prop would help there.

I did find the boat is too small - any more than about 20 meters away & you really can't tell which way it's pointing - which is kind of important when surrounded by sail boats, and the waves on the lake can easily change the heading by 45 degrees if you hit a "big" one (100mm - or 3.2m scale size :blink: ).

I did get some pics - someone was kid enough to control it while I took them - he obviously didn't believe in giving it the beans though, to the angle of plane, the bow waves & the wake are all far more tame; I'm quite pleased with that last shot though.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Vosper 68ft RTLL Rescue Launch build 6 years 6 months ago #45686

I'm going to put this up for sale shortly - but before I do, I thought I really ought to sort out an annoying fault it's had all this time...

If you turn the TX on 1st, then the RX, then push the right TX stick all the way up & all the way down within a second or two of turning the RX on, everything is fine.

However, if you leave it any longer that a couple of seconds (or don't do it at all), the first "up" blip & return to neutral is fine - but a second throttle up produces no revs, and returning to neutral causes the motor to go to peak revs forward - which kind of takes the "control" out of "radio control" :whistle:

There's a fairly simple fix for this - there's a tiny switch on the back of the PCB, just above where it says "stick mode" ... default is the upper position ("mode II") which gives the problem I've described (though it really, really shouldn't), flippling it to the lower position ("Mode I") swaps the throttle & elevator controls around, so to use the right stick up/down to continue to control the throttle, you just have to swap the ESC to the appropriate pins on the RX (channel 2). :)

Vosper 68ft RTLL Rescue Launch build 6 years 6 months ago #45689

I'm so glad we got to see this on the water before you sell it JR :) very cool buddy B)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.