Keyword

TOPIC:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 10 months ago #9549

Interior & driver are finished ...

I may go back & paint some buttons & a belt on the driver.

I suppose I should also give credit to the TamiyaUSA build that suggested using a Sand Rover driver:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 10 months ago #9550

Just a quick one on how the driver is fixed in -

I popped a 2.5 mm drill bit in the mounting on the underside of the driver, offering it up to the end of the seat in the right profile gives the front to backness needed, I marked that with a couple of bits of masking tape ...

The hole in the floor is no use for fitting - but it does come in handy for knowing where the centre line of the driver needs to be - and the hole I needed to drill...

Everything lined up nicely, so the drill bit was replaced with an M3 x 16mm screw :)

Attachments:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 10 months ago #9551

Starting on the body details now, I've painted the inside of the side markers (repeaters?), front indicators & rear light clusters with 3 coats of X-26 Clear Orange and X-27 Clear Red as appropriate...

The wipers have some really nasty artifacts from the moulding process, sanding them off didn't take that much time, but was fiddly.

Attachments:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 10 months ago #9565

The weather forecast for the next few days is low(ish) temperatures & high humidity for the next fews days, I'm hoping Friday will be better so I can get the clearcoat on the body :( / :)

In the meantime, I've finished the sleeper cab & have ordered some more LEDs; The headlights, front sidelights, tailights & orange lights on the side will all be lit up, controlled via the "landing gear" switch on the TX & an electroinc switch on the truck :)

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 10 months ago #9592

Soldered up some LEDs this morning, just waiting on some more powerpole connectors (this time in blue & white) so I can finish the wiring ...

Also waiting on the body - I got a coat of clearcoat on after lunch, but it's just too steamy to put another one on yet ... I probably will give it another one as it's a bit orange peely.

Overall it's what I wanted - approximately the same colour as boxart, just a bit more spangly :)

Attachments:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 10 months ago #9593

nice paintjob, love the comet in the last picture ;) and the sparkly stars. B)

Last edit: by waterbok.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 10 months ago #9596

I got a second, heavier coat of clear on without any dramas, finish is a lot less orange peely :)

There's a lot of detail painting & assembly left to do on it (& therefore a lot of handling) so I really do need to let it harden off for a few days :S

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 10 months ago #9628

Nothing nasty happended to the second coat of clear overnight, it's not perfect but it is pretty shiny :)

Attachments:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 10 months ago #9641

I couldn't leave it alone for long :D

I've painted the details on the body (window rubbers, door handle covers & handles, widgity bits behind them, keyhole backs, roof rails & rear light cluster innards) & built up the front panel:

Attachments:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 10 months ago #9645

can you move the camera a little bit to the left :whistle:
cant see what Wallace (it think its him) is doing. :blink:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.