Keyword

TOPIC:

SP1 custom build 10 years 4 months ago #26690

this thing looks great :P what brushless setup were you thinking of getting for it?
i have a hobbyking x-car brushless combo in my HSP warhead, can only say great things about it :cheer:

I've decided just to use a brushed setup I have as I don't need this to fly, especially since I putting some good effort into the body :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SP1 custom build 10 years 4 months ago #26691

Nice project looks really good :y: i particularly like your hand made bits good manufacturing skills

Thanks mate, yes I do like to make bits and this one has quite a few :)

SP1 custom build 9 years 10 months ago #29302

So a buddy has had this Big Bear since he was a kid, a wife and 3 kids later it's been sitting on his shelf neglected for years :( I offered to clean it up for him as he doesn't have the time or inclination to do it but would like his son to use it, the biggest problem is the tyres as they are shot and replacements are rarer than hens teeth :S As it happens we have a spare set of rims so the plan is to mod them with some newer 2.2's to suit, a general cleanup of the chassis and repaint and detail the body B)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 10 months ago #29306

Cool car. And very nice details, looks almost like Tamiya quality. :y:
Shocks are somewhat understated though. :unsure:

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 10 months ago #29315

Cool car. And very nice details, looks almost like Tamiya quality. :y:
Shocks are somewhat understated though. :unsure:

I have to admit that the body is the nicest part of this little truck with great details however the chassis is very basic. It will come up nice form his son to use :)

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 10 months ago #29318

:) The CChassis looks like the same as the CJ7. If your msc is out, I have a nice repro rebuilt one. Made and sold by my dealer because they are very fragile. ;)

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 10 months ago #29336

:) The CChassis looks like the same as the CJ7. If your msc is out, I have a nice repro rebuilt one. Made and sold by my dealer because they are very fragile. ;)

It doesn't surprise me that Mauri would use the same chassis across a few models and just change wheels and body shells then give it a new name :) After all Tamiya still do that now :ohmy: :P :laugh:

Attachments:

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 10 months ago #29340

And stripped ready to start cleaning :) not much to these beasties :huh: Gave the motor a little bit of juice to see how it sounded, it sounded dry :S So I'll sort that out when I rebuild the gearbox :y:
Attachments:

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 10 months ago #29342

:laugh: Same the black 7,2V adaptor is in the box. :y:

Cen Ford truck build + The Marui Big Bear build 9 years 10 months ago #29444

Right then, since replacement tyres are impossible to find for this I have had to modify a set of Big Bear and donor 2.2 rims to give us a set of usable wheels ( It's ok we have a complete NEW set of Big Bear rims if tyres ever become available :) So basically I removed the outer part of the rim from the hub, then enlarged the center hole of the 2.2 rim for the shaft to slip through, glued the hubs then rims together now we are ready for the to be painted :y:

They will get screwed together also from the back :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by AndyAus.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.