Keyword

TOPIC:

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29700

I have four Mardave Cobras in various states of disrepair and only two decent-ish bodyshells.
I also have a rough Blackfoot shell.
Hmmmm....

The front of the BF shell has obviously broken where they always do and the owner has "tidied up" the ends of the wings.

I'm thinking of making a very plain front end, probably only down to the top of the wheel arch, for the "stadium truck" look. Maybe add some spotlights for interest.

Thoughts?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29701

Having drawn it, I think it would look better to reconstruct the wheel arch at the front just a bit, rathaer than just coming straight across (if you see what I mean).

BTW - my artist skills never cease to amaze me!!
Attachments:

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29702

Now I'm always a fan of some RC modifications :woohoo: however I'm not sure about the wheelbases of both chassis and body not matching :pinch: , This chassis looks to me more suited to a beetle body than the foot especially with the angle on the front arms :huh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29703

This chassis looks to me more suited to a beetle body than the foot especially with the angle on the front arms :huh:

Yes, but everybody does that. :laugh:
Attachments:

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29704

I suppose it depends how far you want to go? would you move the front end back with the shocks straight up and down?
Attachments:

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29705

It would be easier to move the gearbox forward as it is mounted on the flat.

Edit: Oh I see what you mean. Wouldn't that upset the handling?

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29706

Isn't that setup for buggies to help soak up jumps :huh: not sure you'll be jumping this :P you could also stretch the body to an extra cab :whistle: adjusting the chassis would be easier :)
Attachments:

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29707

I could tell what that was going to be before I opened the thread ... I hate "truggies", but if you really have to go that route I'd separate the cab from the load bed & either add in a box (round the corners a little, add a few louvre details & it's a sleeper cab), or make a completely new load bed with square sides.

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29708

Another alternative would be to fit the body with the front wheel arches in the "right" place & fill in the rear arches - I don't think you need the clearance or the overhang at the back? Still think it's going to be ugly though :(

Black Cobra Foot 9 years 9 months ago #29709

This chassis looks to me more suited to a beetle body than the foot especially with the angle on the front arms :huh:

TBH that was the original plan.

I just thought the BF shell might be a bit different. Also my Scorcher shell is VERY rough :sick:

Any other deas for the BF shell (apart from a camper and trailer - that's soooo last week ;) )
(bear in mind my lack of time and ability)
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.