Keyword

TOPIC:

Truck Project 2 years 6 months ago #68586

You're welcome! I know that feeling when you do some challenging things, and you succeed to up your own limits. 
And from what we see, it looks like a plan that goes together... Can't wait to see a video :-D
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Truck Project 2 years 6 months ago #68589

Yes you did a top work manu.
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas, jord001

Truck Project 2 years 6 months ago #68730

No construction these last two weeks because I've been away a lot professionally but I've been thinking a lot about the last axle for my truck.
As I had some time in the evening, I made some drawings, on power point not to make it easier for me, on the best way to build the axle lifting mechanism.

The major issues to consider were:
Only space at the bottom.
The part above the rear axle "module" is already occupied by the hydraulic lines.
The steering servo is too big and takes up all the space for the installation of a lifting mechanism.

Well I admit it, it looks like children's drawings ha ha ha. 
I just put all my ideas on a piece of paper to have a base to start designing the lifting mechanism.

In the meantime I ordered some mini-servos to replace the one for the steering and to install another one for the lifting mechanism.

This weekend I will start the prototype.

I'll keep you posted.
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple

Truck Project 2 years 6 months ago #68732

Does a tiny electro magnet exist? It could be easier? 

Truck Project 2 years 6 months ago #68734

Does a tiny electro magnet exist? It could be easier? 

Like a small 6v solenoid?
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Truck Project 2 years 6 months ago #68735

Exactly Jonny the easiest method. On off.

Truck Project 2 years 6 months ago #68738

I thought about that option too. 
i didn’t choose to go that way because a solenoid isnt as progessive in terms of movements as a servo or a small motor.
There is also the current consumption to take into account. While with a mechanical device i can play and adjust the lever in order to keep the forces on the servo or motor as low as possible, while a solenoid might need more Amps to remain in his lifting position.
I dont think that such a solenoid can be controlled via a simple RC receiver… it might need an additional ESC or any other device capable of controlling the current flow.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Truck Project 2 years 6 months ago #68745

And a classic pure mechanic system? Like a "contre poids" system. Heavier in the bed and the train go lower.? Without electronic.

Truck Project 2 years 6 months ago #68752

Been working on the frame. Cutting off the part where the Air cushions will pass through in lifted position.

Also made a frame holder as the one used was too thick to accomodate the lifting mechanism 

Then worked on the cushions holders that will slide up and down on the inside of the frame.

Later on I’ll make some holders to maintain them in the right position into the frame.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Truck Project 2 years 6 months ago #68753

And a classic pure mechanic system? Like a "contre poids" system. Heavier in the bed and the train go lower.? Without electronic.

Well the point is that i want the lifting mechanism to be controlled by the remote control. Such a manual mechanism would need some manual intervention and i dont wan’t it. But thanks for the idea 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.