30kg it's what I have on my marder beetle 1/5. :D and by 2 servos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Truck Project 3 years 3 weeks ago #64921

Awesome!

I'm using a 25kg servo in my Axial SCX10 

Truck Project 3 years 1 week ago #65171

Small progress on my truck.
As the crane is late in arriving I got some rough plans of the crane base. According to this I could more or less determine the necessary length between the driver's cabin and the bucket system.

I made with the help of a cardboard a prototype of the base in length of the crane for the positioning of this one.
The purpose of this operation, is to be able to modify the location of the rear axles according to my idea.

So I started to dismantle the lifting system of the bucket and the axle. 

I then positioned the rear axles according to my plans and then took measurements between the first axle and the lever for the tipping of the body. (yes, the one that is a problem).

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Truck Project 3 years 1 week ago #65172

Here is how I would like to install the axles

Once the axles were positioned, I took measurements between the axle and the lever of the bucket

As soon as it was done, I disassembled the lever system to take measurements of the original part. 

I made plans with the measurements of the original part and for the future prototype.
Once the plans were done, I started to make a plastic prototype because it was easier and faster to make than steel.

I shifted the hydraulic cylinder attachment 6mm forward while keeping the same lever arm. I need 4.5mm of space for the crane and the rear axle, so I still have a 1.5mm margin for a possible correction.

Here is the original vs. the prototype

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Truck Project 3 years 1 week ago #65174

To finalize the test, I installed the prototype on the truck. Apparently everything goes as planned this time (it's the first time ha ha ha)

Now that the dimensions of the prototype are validated, I will be able to start the fabrication of the final steel part.

In the meantime, I've started on the air suspension of the last axle.
Fixing the axle on the support didn't pose any resistance but when I wanted to insert the springs in it, the rubbers came off the top part.

Well, I don't understand how whoever designed this part could think that normal glue would be enough to stick rubber on aluminum.

After thinking about the problem, I used double-sided carpet tape.
I cut it out and applied it to the aluminum part after a good degreasing.

And this is the result. Everything stays perfectly in place and it's hardly visible.

Once I make the final metal part, I will assemble all the components.

More to come soon

Manotas
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Truck Project 3 years 1 week ago #65176

It looks very realistic Manu.

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #65530

I had a dream.... to find the solution...
Before I started making my steel lever, I studied the problem again.

So I disassembled the bucket lift lever and inverted the left and right parts.This way, the lever is on the left (in the direction of travel) fixed in the existing holes of the frame.

As the lever is now on the opposite side and further forward freeing the space for the axle. So the complete frame could be positioned a little further back to free up some space for the future crane.

The hydraulic cylinder will therefore have to pull on the lever arm instead of pushing it. This in itself is not a problem, just reverse the pressure lines or program the valve block servo in the opposite way.

Well, the lever problem being finally solved, I decided to mount the rear fenders.

I had no problem with the assembly and installation. After installing the drive axle fender, I realized that the last axle was too close to the fender. This one prevented the wheels from turning from left to right.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Manotas.

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #65531

No problem... I moved the last axle back a few mm and installed the mudguard for this wheel

Ok here is the result. Finally the wheel of the last axle can turn and I like the position very much.

I still have to install the mudguards on the other side, finalize the fixing of the last axle following its displacement and fix the hydraulic cylinder for the activation of the lever of the bucket.

I'll keep you updated.

Manotas

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #65536

Wow you have patience. I don't know if I could do something this complicated. I have ordered some parts to have a go at making my own chassis and body but it wont be anything like this. Fantastic! 

Lee
Regards

Lee

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #65558

I had a dream.... to find the solution...
The hydraulic cylinder will therefore have to pull on the lever arm instead of pushing it. This in itself is not a problem, just reverse the pressure lines or program the valve block servo in the opposite way.

The only potential issue I can foresee here is that a hydraulic cylinder has much less output force in the pulling direction (tension) than the pushing direction (compression) because the fluid area is smaller. Hopefully your hydraulic ram had adequate capability.
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas, Lemsko, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.