Keyword

TOPIC:

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #66043

The only potential issue I can foresee here is that a hydraulic cylinder has much less output force in the pulling direction (tension) than the pushing direction (compression) because the fluid area is smaller. Hopefully your hydraulic ram had adequate capability.

This is a possibility that I considered and to be sure I did some research to find the working pressure of the pump, the diameters of the hydraulic cylinder to make my calculations.
In short, it is not easy to find all this and by chance I came across some values indicated by dealers.
The regulated pressure of the Lesu Y-1510A pump that came with my kit is 19.6 bar. I must admit that I was impressed by these values. On the other hand I did not find anything on the flow rate but well. The cylinder specifications were much easier to find.
Nevertheless, after having spent a lot of time collecting this data, I changed the position of the lever again, which is more favorable to the construction, and I was able to place the cylinder in its normal working position.

Despite the positioning of the original cylinder using the lever arm I made, I still had the problem of space with the rear axles, I made some calculations for my information.
But as I still have big doubts about the pressure of the pump I'm not sure of the results.
I calculated the force needed to lift the bucket with a weight of 5kg.
Using the measurements of my new lever arm, we need a force of 55.86N to tilt it.
With the diameters of the hydraulic cylinder (section of 201.06mm2) we need a pressure of 2.78 bar. So if the pump provides 19.6 bar there should be no problems

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #66044

Well, I took everything apart again and installed my aluminum lever arm.

Here's the new lever

I just had to install the whole thing again with the new position.

The next step was to install the oil tank for the hydraulic system and the metal box that will contain the MFC control module 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #66045

It sounds very simple, but of course not everything went as planned.
The tank with this metal box must be placed together on the same side because on the other side there is the block with the 5 hydraulic valves for the crane and the 2 for the bucket as well as the pump.

As the picture shows, there is not enough space even with the rear fender removed.
There is no other solution than to move the second front axle further forward.
No sooner said than done, I removed the axle suspension, the steering rod and drilled holes for a 10mm further forward positioning.

I had to adjust all the steering rods to fit the new axle position and then drill holes for the linkage lever

Once all this was done, I modified the rear fender and cut a part for a perfect fit

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, jord001

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #66046

Now I start the assembly of the rear part with the lights

As the last axle is placed very far back, the support of the mudguard had to be integrated in the part of the support of the lights.

The part of the frame being too long it was necessary to dismount everything and cut it to the right dimensions. 
Once this was done, I started to measure for the installation of the mudguard supports

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #66047

And after a few hours here is the result

There is still a lot of work to do and the next step is to install the hydraulic cylinder for tipping the bucket and wait for the crane to arrive.
If all goes well it will arrive this Friday.

Thanks for looking

Manotas
Attachments:

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #66052

Wahoo. Nice! Un vrai mille pattes. :)

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #66053

Wahoo. Nice! Un vrai mille pattes. :)

Ha ha thank you! Trop vrai 

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #66054

I'm fan. Next project is a truck car trailer with a '67 red stang on it.

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #66428

I'm fan. Next project is a truck car trailer with a '67 red stang on it.

It's a 65  .... But before that i have lot's of projects to start/finish...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Truck Project 2 years 11 months ago #66429

At the end of last week I finally received the crane that I ordered over 2 months ago. After having discussed with the supplier about the delays, I managed to get an evolution (ver.2 as called internally at Lesu). It is the model used for the promotion of this one. It is already painted in red color and partially assembled. 
What tipped the balance is the delivery time. The production of the other cranes is still delayed because of the COVID-19. So we found an arrangement and I could get this one quickly.

So, this is how it arrived :

And the rear part

Of course I also received all the screws as well as the hydraulic lines, pump, block with hydraulic valves and the installation manual.
As soon as everything arrived I started to install the crane and the rear part with the stabilization supports.
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.