Keyword

TOPIC:

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 10 months ago #66885

Yeahh I love it
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 10 months ago #66887

Even when you alter all those sizes and angles, it is pretty easy still to see what it is 

BTW, search for Hägglunds TL-4 and you will see something stange. Lorry cabin on top of the BV206 chassis. Strange looking thingy..

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 10 months ago #66902

Making progress on the rear cab – just the basic shapes of the panels & the details that will be easier to make while it’s all in 2D rather than a box. I thought I’d planned to do it all in 0.75mm styrene sheet, but must have decided against it as I only had 3 sheet of that, but 25 of 1mm sheet :whistle: 

I don’t think the details are showing up very well in the photos, but the rear has a recess all around the door, made by cutting the door off the panel, making the aperture slightly larger, then bonding the door back in with 7mm wide strips behind it. The window has rounded edges, using the same strips on the inside of the aperture, then Dremelling back the outside skin to almost nothing. Pretty much the same methods I used on the Volvo Valp, which was also an orange box ;) 

The front panel has a deep aperture with tapering sides to bring the insert back to vertical, and another, smaller 45 degree angled box at the top. The hole is where the hydraulic pipes run through on the 1:1 version, here it’ll take the motor & lighting power cables. From the diecast version it looks like this is a door (probably just for emergencies) that slides out on a rail to the right.

The right side has another door with a window in it, and another window, details created as per the rear panel. The vertical slot is for an air vent, the small holes for sidelights. 

The left panel has the same vents & sidelights. The two windows are on a panel with an aperture recess, which implies it’s removeable or hinged for emergency egress. Given the thing was built for military use &  the civilian versions are used in hostile environments, it makes sense to have as many ways out as possible. Which reminds me, I’ll need to get the top hatches sorted on the roof rathe than a fix plain, flat sheet on.:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 10 months ago #66910

Four sides of the rear cab joined together & the first iteration of cardboard aided design going on for the floor. The ruler is there to add a bit of temporary stiffness. 

I'm not sure exactly how the body will be held on to the chassis yet, two R clips might be enough for a Lexan Pistenbully body but it won't be enough here. At least it'll be positively located and the right height for now. 

I've decide to make the roof have a large opening panel (rather than just the escape hatches) for access,

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 10 months ago #66913

just found these pics squirrelled away on my hard drive (back from when I first thought of this & did some research i guess) - note the absence of any sort of door on the front of the rear cab, the hinges & latches on the inside of the left side window panel, and the snowplough on the front of the green single cab/powered trailer version.

:)  

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 10 months ago #66914

a french one
Attachments:

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 10 months ago #66915

Attachments:

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 10 months ago #66916

A beast of a machine, I'd love to have a go in one
Regards

Lee

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 10 months ago #66917

That's a BV206S 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 10 months ago #66918

A beast of a machine, I'd love to have a go in one

I have driven one. Can also vouch those can climb very steep. even in the snow
And they are noicy as h.... inside them.
Think the one I drove had a Ford V6 in it.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.