Keyword

TOPIC:

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67099

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
The level of detail is just stunning Jonny.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67100

Should have added that the mudflaps are just card ATM, 1mm nitrile rubber sheet is on order :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67101

That's crazy Jonny.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67135

Started on the round lights - first step, making a load of flat square bits to turn down:

Some of the big ones needed most of the centres taking out:

Bits bonded together, headlight cups later went back on the lathe to round the surround edges, rest had strips of styrene added ... 

Lenses turned from Perspex rod ...

After polishing:

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67139

How did you do to polish so shiny the transparent parts?
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67145

120, 240, 400 & 1200 grit wet & dry paper, followed by Novus Heavy Scratch Remover & hard work on a bit of fleece or cotton T-shirt, then a final polish with Novus Fine Scratch Remover :)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67148

Ultra brite result Jonny😁

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67170

Those lenses turned out fantastic!!

I need a mini lathe in my life..
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67185

Needed some more brass for the rail/rack on the rear cab, I bought more than I needed for stock, apparently it comes in 5 packs too. This is (only very slightly) interesting as Tamiya WR-02/Wild Willy 2 driver sprues also come in packs of five :whistle:

Thin NBR sheet also arrived so have made & fitted the proper rear flaps:

Not that many details on the front ... note the flat electromagnetic horn at one lower corner of the windscreen :)

The "correct" position for the headlamps is slightly problematic :whistle:  ... have ordered a small LED light bar for the ​​​​top of the cab :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 9 months ago #67187

OMG I love this built. I would like to have your skill. It looks so easy with your picts. :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.