Keyword

TOPIC:

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 8 months ago #67606

Photos in previous post show the bodies back from the shed & unmasked, plus work on the window seals.

I drew an extra layer in Paint Shop Pro over the 2nd gen plans I used for cutting the bodies out, filled the shapes & cut them out in matt black vinyl in Easy Cut Studio, weeded the result & stuck that to 1mm sheet, the cut/Dremelled around the outside. 

I also cut out the inside, the seals are now outgassing in the shed after getting grey primer each side :)

I also got the jerrycans done - I scaled my plans (based on the Wild Willy can) up by 15% to better fit the scale / size of the gap. 

I made enough front/back faces to make another 2 cans but probably won't complete them - 1:8.7 is a bit of an odd scale :whistle: ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 7 months ago #67629

"Seals" painted (XF-85 Rubber Black, brushed on), identified & installed ... not sure this is the best way to do them, the paint lines are sharper (because they're separate parts), but making them bonded to the bodywork (as I' did on the Valp) means the seals are better matched to the window shape/size - and it's more work doing them separately. 

I do hate trying to paint window seals accurately though ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001, Ducksnuts

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 4 months ago #69380

Still waiting on some reflective tape for the helmet stripes, but the driver is basically done.

I want to use some of the same tape on the sides of the cab, but in the meantime I've started on some of the details for the front cab. Door seals were a nightmare to paint (& look really crap from some angles :S), in hindsight they would have been much better as separate parts, like the window rubbers. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, jord001, Ducksnuts

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 3 months ago #69523

Got a little bit further on this - reflective tape, fuel tanks & straps fitted, various details, and started on the lighting. Sidelights needed assembling - note the 5mm LED with the top ground off. I ran out of orange LEDs so still have 6 more to do :whistle:

The plan is to have all 12 orange sidelights on permanently, along with the two warm white headlights & two red tail-lights. The two orange beacons & light bar on the front cab + the two orange rear indicators will be controlled by a  RX switch. The two front indicators & the (warm white) work light on the back of the won't be wired in at all ... although having said that, a physical switch somewhere on the vehicle to turn on the work light + interior lighting might be quite useful?

I need to fix the snow blade servo down permanently, servo tape just isn't cutting it, that will almost certainly mean mods to the lower part of the front cab. Once I get the paint (and very light weathering) done, and the remaining lights, I can fix the cabs down (and together) and start to think about wiring for the motors. The sides - especially the rear cab, left side - are a bit bare & might improve with some text. "East Anglian Mountain Rescue" was the first thing that came to mind ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, jord001, Ducksnuts

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 3 months ago #69524

Nice to see more progress on this.

I think that might be the only rc model that could have worked around here atm with the amount of snow we have received lately.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 3 months ago #69527

Omg. spaghetti!
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 3 months ago #69554

Those cables just gave me a case of OCD   

Looking good though 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 3 months ago #69556

Blacking out the windows & just leaving them like that is still an option :D ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, Ducksnuts

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 3 months ago #69559

Added a load of East Anglian Mountain Rescue  branding - the badge is a play on genuine UK Mountain Rescue groups (www.mountain.rescue.org.uk/), in the middle there'd usually be some stylised mountains, but of course Anglia is nearly completely flat ;)

I've thought before about the need for some sort of storage/transport stretcher for this. I could have bought/found an aluminium ladder & cut it down, but the sound & feel them always makes my teeth itch & it the size would have to be something of a compromise. Plus I'm not sure I'd really want to handle it in the snow. 

I could have bought some timber & made my own, but in the end it was so much easier to just order a custom sized (1m x 35cm useable surface, plus the width of the rails, and extra bits at the end for carrying) pine "Hanging Ladder" from a chap on Etsy. 

The only question is was colour to stain it before sealing it. ATM I'm leaning towards XF-15 Flat Aluminium :whistle:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Scanox, jord001, Ducksnuts

Hagglund Bv206 Bandvagn / Husky from Kyosho EP Blizzard(s) 2 years 3 months ago #69569

I love it
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.