Keyword

TOPIC:

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 2 years 3 months ago #70322

Ooouuuuwww..... Now that looks promising, and 35mm width would work ok. The drag tyres I have aren't much wider at 40mm.

Hmmmm, wonder if they'd be soft enough to stretch onto a 1.9" rim. I tried some standard truck tyres for size, and managed to just get them onto a 1.9. But they were a bit wobbly.

I've found crawler tyres on ebay similar to these, where the tread doesn't extend down the side-wall. So it be fairly simple to trim down.
store.rc4wd.com..._1957.html
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 2 years 3 months ago #70330

Those mil spec tires are really hard and ment to be used on military trucks or construction vehicles.
And being 106mm, they won't be less than a tad under 100mm when the thread is shaven off.
This will give no traction if you want to drive your gasser.

These on the other hand are very soft and might work far far better for performance.
Just remember it is very important to use foam that fills the whole tire when using RC4WD tires as they are soft and thin.
Under size foam will lead to ripped tires, ask me how I know.

store.rc4wd.com..._4320.html

You could shave down the paddle tires for Blazing Blaser / Wild Willy 1 which are 103mm.
But then they do cost a bit...
www.ebay.com/it...Swal5YLIR1

These will be very square when the ribs shaven off.
At 99mm I thin they will be around 90mm when fully sanded.
Minus is they are only 33mm wide.
store.rc4wd.com...tires.html

Last edit: by caprinut.

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 2 years 2 months ago #70455

Those mil spec tires are really hard and ment to be used on military trucks or construction vehicles.
This will give no traction if you want to drive your gasser.

They could be good for pre-stage burnouts   ....  Hmmm, now there's a thought.  I could rig up a front brake using the 3rd channel on my Tx.

On a more serious note, those Sand Thrasher tyres could work.  With the right rims they could poke just enough to look alright.

Have also been looking at DE Racing tyres.  Upside is they have the size I want.  Downside is they use 'custom' rim size, 1.7/2.2 from memory.  Upside is that rim is also probably a more realistic size.  Downside, they ain't cheap.

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 2 years 2 months ago #70481

Hi, I would consider 3D printing in TPU the tires so you can decide whatever size you need.... as a example, F1 tires I printed for my F1...
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 2 years 2 months ago #70486

On Thingiverse there is 3d files on these 1.7" Slot Mag wheels that fit Fast Attack Vehicle tires or truck tires.
www.thingiverse...ng:4490493

That would period correct for a gasser style car.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 2 years 2 months ago #70489

I should be able to generate stl easily for a given number of slots, hex or friction driven rims in 1.7" very easily with what I've done for the Samurai as I have now my multipurpose wheel set designed fully :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by silvertriple.

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 2 years 2 months ago #70491

Small problem.......  I don't have a 3D printer 

Yeh, agree the 5-Slot mags are the perfect look.  I got the Pro-Line 5-slot rims, but they are 2.2" and 1.9/3.0".  Am going to have to think of another build to use them on (the thought crossed my mind to put them on the Lunchbox  ).

I appreciate all the input guys.  Lots of options now to look at.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 2 years 2 months ago #70503

These would fit FAV rear wheels and should be perfect.
No idea of diameter tho'
www.ebay.com/it...4194365845
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, Ducksnuts

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 2 years 2 months ago #70594

I've gone back a few times now looking at the RC4WD tyres you linked a month ago (yeh, been that long   ) an they are looking like the ones I'll get.

Have been getting body ready for paint, and wrestling with what colour scheme i want. But finally made a decision. And then changed slightly as due to website error hobby store didn't have it in stock. But paint is on it's way.

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 2 years 2 weeks ago #71012

Dark Green base coat down today.

Colour scheme changed again as managed to get the colour i was originally after 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, silvertriple

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.