Keyword

TOPIC:

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 1 year 7 months ago #72606

Been 5 months, so probably time for some updates.
The RCAWD tyres arrived a while ago.  Size is good, width could be a bit wider.  But it's good for now.  Still deciding on front wheel/tyre combo.
(Body is sitting too high in these pics).

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 1 year 7 months ago #72607

Chassis plate received it's matte black paint.  Used automotive paint, so hoping it'll be more chip/scratch resistant on the bottom.
Then assemble it all back together.  Still need a bash-plate to cover the motor.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 1 year 7 months ago #72608

And finally, after 5 long months sitting on the shelf waiting for warmer weather.......   Final colour going on 
Now of course I decided that the roof will be matte white, which just makes adding the clear coats more complicated 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 6 months 2 weeks ago #76764

Thought i had updated this, but just realised i hadn't since last year.....

Fairly much all the painting done, except the trim that sits across the front grill.
Added the graphics along with the Gasser's name - "Too Loose".
Still messing around with ride height and wheel combo.  And the fuel tank and exhaust headers still need to be done.

Graphic done.

And all the finer trim details.

Messed up painting the Chevy badge.  Still deciding how to try and fix it without messing the colour.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Last edit: by Ducksnuts.

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 6 months 2 weeks ago #76768

Great to see the gasser getting close to be finished.

I actually bought a Hot Wheels gasser here the other day (I have bought a few HW, but unsure if I shall continue collecting them or not. I like the more real looking ones.

I might mod repaint it like Mike Finnegan 55' gasser (he is know from Rodkill and other shows from Motor Trend, and he has his own Youtube channel by his name.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts

'57 Chevy 'Gasser' 6 months 2 weeks ago #76790

Thanks.
It was actually a couple of the Hot Wheels gasser's that gave me ideas for the colour and paint scheme.

They've gone crazy the past few years with the "Tri-Five" Chevy's.  So many variations, and then each model also in multiple colours!!!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.