Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Manuals 7 years 11 months ago #37610

CompetitionX used to have a complete list of Tamiya manuals on PDF format free to download. Which they no longer do & supposingly have handed that duty to a genuine Tamiya site. Who seriously don't have their act together & haven't made any of these manuals available like before. I've just double checked at CompetitionX & it's still got every manual available that isn't Tamiya. Is there anywhere else you can get Tamiya manuals now? After a relatively quick Google search I found:

www.tamiya.com/...anuals.htm - Pretty limited but the re-released sets are there.

www.tamiyaclub....anuals.asp - waste of time unless you're a paid member.

www.tamiyausa.c...f/manuals/ - the link from CompX, have Tamiya stopped free access to their earlier RC manuals? If so what's with posting the model manuals & not admitting to what's happened?

Every other manufacturer is happy for their RC manuals to be available free to download. Which will only encourage those in the hobby to restore their products instead. I don't know what you're thinking Mr Tamiya when you stopped the free access to most of your old RC manuals. Is the only way to view Tamiya manuals now is by paying an annual subscription to yet another Tamiya associated website?

If so why didn't I grab them all when they was freely available? :whistle: :lol: :P
My other car is a Tamiya - bumper sticker on my van

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya Manuals 7 years 11 months ago #37611

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Tamiya Manuals 7 years 11 months ago #37613

tamiyabase.com/...html#29645

tamiyabase.com/...rt=0#32004

tamiyabase.com/...rt=0#35681

Sorry I should've searched the threads before starting this one & responded to one of them. I'm reaitively lucky to have a DVD I purchased from Tamiya Australia with almost everything to do with the RC vehicles on the disc & can even create my own decal sets. Unfortunately it doesn't have every model but there's plenty of the vintage sets including everything I've currently got on the shelf. I'll have to read through those other threads & reply if appropriate.

Tamiya Manuals 7 years 11 months ago #37614

You might try www.vintage-rc....tamiya.php to see if you can fill in some gaps ;)

Tamiya Manuals 7 years 11 months ago #37616

You might try www.vintage-rc....tamiya.php to see if you can fill in some gaps ;)

That's awesome, thank you, even if you can only look at one page at a time. At least you can save it & zoom it bigger on an iPad. Even though I've had/got numerous Tamiya manuals that came with their respective RC vehicles. I much prefer reading them on Kindle running on an iPad mini. The originals are all in an individual zip lock bag never to be used again. Even the new ones that are much easier to get hold of.

Last edit: by rcmadkiwi.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.