Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28702

Getting the new body ready for spraying, there are 4 extra holes in the load bed & 2 in the bonnet that need sorting; usual drill then - turn styrene down to right size, chop & glue in, then trim back, fill & sand:

Old tailgate was rough around the edges, new tailgate doesn't have the FORD lettering - obvious answer, cut 'n' shut the two:

I still have the old body going spare, I think it will be recoverable with a lot of work so I'm planning ahead - CC01 chassis with touring car size wheels, body & suspension lowered (simulated here with aid of a Pajero MTW):

Donor will probably be an FJ Cruiser kit, selling the body & wheels/tyres on to get make some of the cost :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28703

:evil: Still a warrior job JR

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28709

Interested to see how you fix the front wings JR. I have a shell with the same problem.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28718

As always, JR, I love the quality work you do on your models.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28733

:)

Interested to see how you fix the front wings JR. I have a shell with the same problem.

:) the velcro :silly:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28746

I've done a bit more on the "sapre" shell, firstly gluing in the grille, incomplete broken bits of fender edge, and an infill piece made from white styrene sheet:

Masking up the outside to stop resin leaking...

... inside is reinforced with 2 layers of very fine glass cloth:

Masking removed & slatherings of filler:

Lots of sanding later, plus add ons to re-emphasis the sunroof & gutters, it's ready for a guide coat of primer (I'm expecting a lot more filling & sanding will be needed):

And talking of guide coats ... this one on the new shell got interrupted by falling insects :whistle:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28757

FJ kit arrived from Fusion Hobbies much quicker than expected (+ with a couple of freebies), and as I had enough bearings there was no reason not to get on with it.

In hindsight, the 55T motor is probably going to be too slow with smaller wheels, so the kit silvercan will go back in.

This is why I wanted to use a CC-01 chassis - front(ish) motor & scale like propshaft & rear axle.... shame Tamiya don't make a 2WD version with a lower tub & the motor fitted further forwards.

I still need to sell the bodywork & wheels to make back some of the difference in cost between using this & the more sensible (read "cheap") option of a TL-01.

Doing a test fit of the body showed I could get the front low enough, but the back was never going to go low enough (+ the rear arches were in the wrong place) Wheels are not the ones I will be using, but they are the size I want so they'll do for the time being. Sawing off the rear half (I sense a trailer build at some point) means having to make a new pickup box ... but if I'm going to do that, why not go a bit further?

This is a 1981 Shasta "Chinook" RV, based on a Ford F250 chassis - Thanks to a detailed advert at 1ownercarguy.com I have a lot of detailed photographs to work from.

:)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28758

Oh boy :) Please take some cosmetic licence with the rear arches though JR :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28759

Oh boy :) Please take some cosmetic licence with the rear arches though JR :y:

I don't know, I think crapness of design & tastelessness of the interior are part of it's charm ;)

Seriously though, I would make the rear arches echo the fronts better, and won't feel too guilty as I'm planning to swap some things about and add others ...

I want to have an interior, but the height of the chassis really compromises that ... I'm going to make it Right Hand Drive rather than US LHD so I have room for a driver (LH footwell/seat base area is taken up by the steering servo - this will mean making a (fake) door on the RHS side, and, as I want to fit a speaker for engine sounds (technobots do one that can be configured for 6-cylinder petrol noise) I'll also be loosing space in the middle, I want to make as much of the rest visible as possible so will fit an additional opening rear door.

Luton bunk space will probably be closed off of the sake of simplicity (and somewhere to put radio gear & electrics - but I still want windows & those tacky curtains :D

At the moment I'm thinking 2-channel 27mhz radio gear so I can use the light set up I've had on my shelf for a while.

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28760

I still want windows & those tacky curtains :D

definitely a must :y: happy camping :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.