Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 9 months ago #28866

Rear light clusters took far longer than I anticipated, but then they do have 38 parts between them, 40 if you count the holes in the bodywork :whistle:

Technique was three 3mm layers with 5mm & 3mm holes through as required, outer two glued together & dremelled into something like a reflector shape ...

... glued into a whole with raised dividers, tidied up & lenses (I got to use my Tamiya Scriber II for the first time (bought the first week of January :whistle: ) ...

... holes made, trim/depth stopper fitted, and clusters inserted. Right one will go in straighter, it's a bit loose. Obviously they'll need to come out/apart again for painting (and a bit of filler, the trim cracked on a couple of the corners). I game one a quick try with the LEDs, the scribing really helps diffuse the light, but it's still very centre weighted so I may do something to spread it a bit more (paint the end of the LEDs I guess).

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 9 months ago #28869

The devils in the details JR :evil:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 9 months ago #28874

:woohoo: Jonny killer!!! :y: :y: :y: :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 9 months ago #28887

I'vw been worked on the speaker housing...

... there was still a bit of room so added a fake cupboard unit + some greeblies. Also added (?) a port & cover. I'm planning to hide the speaker behind a curtain.

Added weight didn't have a good effect on the rear spring on that side ... I'll have to find something more suitable in the end, but these are much stiffer & will do in the mean time.

Cutting/bending clear glass (1mm lexan) for the cab windows:

Work in progress on the spare wheel cover:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 9 months ago #28888

Speaker unit still goes through the roof aperture BTW - but more by luck than judgement :blush:

I'll probably add a short exhaust, but TBH I don't see that much point in putting too much detail on the underside...

Bumper/step from a more normal angle; ladder will get added after I've dry built the interior & fixed the roof on ...

Door isn't going that smoothly ... tiny hinges arrived, but after drilling one out for M2, making a new door frame edge reabting/undercutting that (far more fiddly & time consuming than it sounds), I realised the screws will foul & stop the door opening more that 45 degrees ... easily solved by using the "high" hole on one side of the hinge, "low" on the other - but it does mean starting the door frame again & I don't have the patience to do that immediately...

:)
Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 9 months ago #28889

:woohoo: An idea to do a wrangler interior??? :lol: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 9 months ago #28892

I'm thinking I'd like to own a ride with a subwoofer like that in it. :silly:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 9 months ago #28894

:laugh: I remember that in a "Monster Garage", they made a half pipe with a camping car with a very big sono....

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 9 months ago #28899

JR, I've got a few 1/16" brass rivets (2.80 dia x 1.2 high head, 1.60 x 6.35 long plain shank) that could be glued in instead of hinge screws.

OR, I have a few M1.6 x 10 slotted steel screws (3 dia x 1 high head).

OR, I have very few M1.2 x 5 slotted steel screws (2.2 dia x 0.7 high head).

I bought them for a "Current" project, but I might be able to spare some if they might work better than what you've got for hinge screws?
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 9 months ago #28931

Thanks eddrick, but the M2 worked ok :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.