Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52419

You will do a safari roof?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52420

You will do a safari roof?

To me that means a secondary roof with an air gap to reduce solar gain & speed up any air movement to induce cooling - so no, the plan has always been to do a "metal" cab top, and a "canvas" cover as per the 1:32 original :)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52421

Yep it was this second roof. Another perfect built Jonny. :)
You maybe could build another body? A defender 70 with the twin roof :D

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52441

Bonnet (hood) fitted, I probably "should" be doing the bench seat next so I can do the floor, dash, pickup bed, "metal" roof and "canvas" roof in something like that order ... but TBH I really felt like doing the exterior details ...

Front view gains a number plate & wing mirrors with very chunky brackets:

The principal feature on the driver's side is the fuel filler cap, for which I had to carve into the solid hip curve:

Passenger side gains an air intake for the cabin heater & other odds & sods:

Rear end also gains a number plate, along with more fiddly hinges & so on.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, oldwilly, stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52442

Got to say the new 4 pics per post limit has got old really fast :S

I really need to tackle the bumper & tow hitch - but I need to turn a few round bits for reinforcing/spacing the rear bodymounts. It woudl eba bit tedious to do that small number on the lathe, but "luckily" I have completely forgotten to do anything about the bonnet mounted spare wheel :whistle:

I didn't really fancy spending 15 GBP+ to get a pair of "Rock Block" tyres only to use just the one - even more so after seeing the that I'd have to cut a section out to bring the height/width down to plausible levels, plus the proportions just looked wrong against the adjusted bonnet dimensions. Instead I looked to what I already had: the dozen "street" type tyres in my recent Willy's garage diorama, and promptly took a slice out of one of them. The wheel will also need a corresponding 9mm or so taken out of its width (amongst all the other things I have to do to it).

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52462

Really nice work there mate :y:

Chopping tires reminds me of the early days of the crawler scene in mid 2000s when there were little to no choices of "scale" tires that worked.
Proline Masher 2000 2.2s were common to reduce both width and diameter.

Nice to see some still do that when needed :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52491

It won't be seen, but I still wanted to make the spare wheel mount look something like the correct 1:1 version:

Starting work on the rear bumper/chassis end with a scaled up version of the 1:32 diecast version:

I'm quite pleased with how that worked out, in fact I might go as far as saying that I - pun very much intended - nailed it.

:whistle:
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, oldwilly, Al

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52507

Rear bumber/chassis quarter + the various greeblies made:

Starting on the interior, seating will be a bench seat as per the 1:32 version, initially shaped to fit a Tamiya 4x4 driver, & then a top skin to look like the 1:32 version. TBH I think there's only room for a 1.5mm sheet floor directly below the seat, but there is scope for pretty much a full dashboard & gear sticks on the very top of the transmission tunnel, but no space for extending the drivers legs much, and no pedals or floor mats. I will also need to build something to hide the steering servo & saver/arm. Plain box(es) that "just happened" to cover it all worked well on the F-250 RV. Thinking ahead, I guess I have to decide what "theme" I'm going with - either the "Britains Farm" in which case it can be a case of sheep dip powder (and I'll need to source a scale Border Collie & Merino) - or the Briatins "Pin Lodge Stables", in which case, substitute saddle soap and a suitably scaled horse ... I'm leaning toward the latter as I'd quite like to build a scale horse box trailer. Either way, rear load bed will be flat planes as per the 1:32 version.

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52529

1st pass of 4x4 driver leg extensions (white Milliput over styrene tube) ... ok but needs a bit more bulk to the back of the legs, and the bottom of the thighs need the existing plastic curving in a bit, and more putty adding to the underside ...

Done, plus made the sharp mulded in angle mid thigh more rounded, an added a bit to the sides of the drivers back.

On the car itself the bench seat is finished & bonded to the "floor" and very basic (and high) load bed. Also started work on the dash :)

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52531

Wonderfull Jonny. It is like each time, very realistic. The dash is ended?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.