Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52746

With the Landy pretty much complete apart from paint, time to look at the trailer... 1:32 version for inspiration:

Note the huge disparity in width:

Line traced from photos to make plans, there is lots to do in terms of parallax correction in individual views, and especially sizing between the views, but TBH that doesn't feel like a good use of time as I'd only have to do it all again to reduce the width & scale it all for a single horse (still waiting on delivery of a Breyer "Traditional" scale (1:9) horse...) .

In the mean time I decided that big shiny chrome hubcaps weren't going to work on the 3:1 version, so got in some more Scorcher front wheels & tyres & turned up some basic flattenising pieces :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: typo

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52784

Horse arrived, adjusted drawings to reduce width dramatically, height a little, length a bit more ... then increased length back to keep sides to scale. TBH the (very rough) card mockup is bigger than it needs to be, I've spent a couple of days now agonizing about whether i go 6% smaller so the (modified) Scorcher front wheels are in scale, or save a bit more material/space and go 10% smaller (in which case I reall ought to make up another card mockup to check) ...

Initial plan was to use two sets of F103 front uprights on DIY beam axles (two 1:14 leafsprung axles having become financially out of reach), but stopping the wheels flap about involves extra balljoints & rods, so i've shelved that in favour of M5 studding & dome nuts :whistle:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52785

Barrel Spring Set has also arrived from RCMart. Usually I'd just wear the extra cost of getting something from the UK or mainland Europe, but I thought in this case it was something small, light, and would be sent in a small poly or jiffy bag, so my chance of getting hit with 20% + 8.95 GBP processing fee would be negligible...

They sent the springs in a small cardboard box with a "17th Anniversary Fixate Gel Pad" - a more pointless or unwelcome "gift" it's hard to imagine :whistle: :S

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52786

Nice! Grass for him is missing. :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52795

They sent the springs in a small cardboard box with a "17th Anniversary Fixate Gel Pad" - a more pointless or unwelcome "gift" it's hard to imagine :whistle: :S

I got the same gel pad. Took me quite some time to figure out what it even was. I use it to keep my power screwdriver from falling off my build table.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52815

Starting on horsebox proper with a basic frame:

Main frame skinned with 0.5mm sheet, nose frame built:

Nose frame attached & skinned:

Right side gap filled in, tape holding it all together while it sets:

:)
Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52816

Cute! I love this van

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52845

"Divider" strips added to exterior:

Time to start on the "slats" - this is literally as far as I got before the cooking fat wanted to "help":

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52846

"Slats" complete ... you could almost put a Citroen logo on the front & call it an HV ...

Starting work on the small, right hand side non functioning door ...

I broke 1 joint extracting the unwanted bits, another 5 sanding it :whistle:

Attached ... and filler on the worst bits of where the two skins have left a void after bonding and the top has shrunk back...

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52847

Funny HY van Jonny. Lovely

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.