Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28761

:silly: amazing project JR. :y: :y: :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28776

Too much rain to think about painting at the moment, so I've been getting on with other things ...

Retro looking wheels arrived so I spent a totally disproportionate amount of time turning some hubcaps; Wheels will be stripped & painted white, hubcaps chrome, & will be held on by Neodymium magnets epoxied on the inside :)

I also started on the bodywork - bracing is just to stop it from falling apart until I make & fit the sides. I'm not quite sure how to hold the body on, more magnets, or the worlds shortest body posts?

It made sense to make the Luton bunk section before the sides, so I made a frame with 3mm sides & reinforced 1.5mm flats. Assembling it needed a couple of extra 3mm braces. Skinning (with 0.5mm sheet) will take a while as it needs doing in stages with regular poly glue (rather than Dichloromethane/plastic weld) to get a good bond & avoid excessive warping.

:)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28777

This will be cool!
and now I know (after googling) what a "Luton bunk" is :cheer:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28779

Well, I really like the direction this has gone!

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28786

:woohoo: amazing JR.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28789

#1 - Bunk area frame fitted
#2 - I was lucky here, the "A3+" styrene I'd got to do the sides were only 1mm wider than I needed them to be.
#3 - Rough drawing ...
#4 - cut out for test fit.
#5 - OK, so cut sides out ...
#6 - ... & fitted.
#7 - Next task, rear end including door; roof + opening(s) to fit interior & give access to electronics in use.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28790

:silly: Now you are ready to go all around the UK for your holidays.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28805

Looking good JR but is it me or is the rear overhang (behind the rear wheels) a bit long? I'm looking at the position of the small window above the rear arch :huh:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28806

Looking good JR but is it me or is the rear overhang (behind the rear wheels) a bit long? I'm looking at the position of the small window above the rear arch :huh:

Artistic license :whistle: Overall length is correct, it's the rear axle that's not back far enough.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #28808

Just add some little wheels and call it a wheelie bar then :laugh: :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 1.365 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.