Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 9 months ago #44637

That is nice engineering, Jonny! :y:

Seems to have been an awful lot of faffing about to get to this point on the water cannon ...

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 9 months ago #44654

This needs headlamps, I had a spare Frog type pair & they seemed about the right size ... I haven't really thought of a better way of converting them to actual lights since I modified some for my DT-02 Grasshopper so I used the same method - hollow out, fit LED & backfill with Milliput:

Really wans't feeling the grille as drawn from my photos of the Corgi diecast (not sure where to start on the chunky flat pattern as much as anything) so worked instead from the curvier rad found in a lot of online sources ... 58 fiddly parts later I felt I made a reasonable job of it, but it just didn't look right once I'd bonded it on...

... almost by chance I found a post from someone complaining that the Italieri 1:43 kit of the Morris Quad (which looks almost identical to the Corgi Quad Tractor) isn't a Morris at all - further sources tend to confirm it is in fact a CMP (Canadian Military Pattern) Truck, specifically a FAT-2 built by Ford :whistle:

This did lead to some much better grille photos though, and a way to procede - basic backing/frame, a bit of boxing on top & the rest is 2mm woven steel mesh with a bit of artful cutting & bending - now I can see what Corgi were trying to replicate & it looks a lot better on my model :)

I didn't want to waste the Morris type grille though - so added an Austin badge (too big, but it's as small as I could manage to hand cut) ... after a bit of paint it won't look out of place in my scale garage :)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 9 months ago #44660

Amazing. And I love your grille.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 9 months ago #44725

Still need to cut out "glass" + make wipers & mirrors, but that's all the details on the front done ...

... however ... I'm not sure what my reasoning was for abbreviating the sides of the hood/engine bay from 6 bits per side to 3, but I've become increasingly dissatisfied with it looking wrong - the only way to fix it is to cut it all out & remodel it. Still needs the other side doing,plus filling & blending, but I'm already happier with it :)

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 9 months ago #44731

Where is the matter???? There are a lot of amazing details, it looks aweome. Maybe you started with a bad idea of this project??? It is very nice.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 9 months ago #44781

Happier with the more correct front end, even made a little progress (wipers & "glass") :)

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 9 months ago #44782

:woohoo: :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 9 months ago #44823

External details done, plus internal rear wheelarches - a bit narrow but they need to fit over the tank & chassis sides ...

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 9 months ago #44824

WAHOOOOOOOOO what the work! too nice!

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 9 months ago #44825

I second that!! Jonny that this is one of the coolest builds I have seen in a long time. Your work is excellent as always....
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.