Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 8 months ago #45127

Hey Jonny,
This may sound silly but is that tank breather functional ? I have run into this problem with small engines if no air is getting in to the tank eventually no fuel comes out and the engine quits, you check the tank and there is lots of fuel ( you also just equalized the negative pressure in the tank.... ) and it starts right up again and runs fine for a bit then quits again and you repeat the cycle making yourself crazy :angry: then some smart fellow happens along and asks if it will run OK without the fuel cap on.......... :whistle:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 8 months ago #45129

Hey Jonny,
This may sound silly but is that tank breather functional ? I have run into this problem with small engines if no air is getting in to the tank eventually no fuel comes out and the engine quits, you check the tank and there is lots of fuel ( you also just equalized the negative pressure in the tank.... ) and it starts right up again and runs fine for a bit then quits again and you repeat the cycle making yourself crazy :angry: then some smart fellow happens along and asks if it will run OK without the fuel cap on.......... :whistle:

Breather is fully functional (and I've been testing with the filler cap off) so it's not that - good thinking though :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 8 months ago #45131

This is where I got to - battery "should" be at drivers right arm (nice and safe for taking fire or any sort of impact :ohmy: ) so will go on the body at some point. Interior is very basic, I was initially thinking boxing in the wiring/electrics to hide it, then just a simple cloth fake tarpaulin, hardened up with resin & painted ... now I'm leaning towards a very thin rubber sheet stretched over it all ...

Looks like Willy has packed up his truck and moved to Beverly ...

... Hills that is ;)

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 7 months ago #45182

Getting this ready for primer seemed like the right sort of disctraction for today, I immediately noticed the top of the engine cover had warped inwards - probably my fault fo using sheet that was too thin & not supporting it in the middle.

I hoped I could just brace it from underneath but it had shrunk & it wasn't going to work :( It was deja vu all over again as I had to cut it out , tidy up & brace, insert new thicker panels, fill & sand back again ...

Also managed to give myself extra work on the tank - attempting to bore out the output caused the screw to unscrew itself against the epoxied down nut & drop off on the inside ... I've made a hole to remove & refit the output, I'll have to patch the hole after :whistle:

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 7 months ago #45346

Back from the shed after primer ... definitely one of my favourite bits of a project, when things begin to look more 3-dimensional & less toy-like ... same thing happens with red oxide primer, but not white :huh:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 7 months ago #45351

Wow that's just incredible! You are right, the even coat of primer does really bring it all together, if not for the setting it would be hard to tell it from the real thing. Just great!!
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 7 months ago #45403

Two coats of Flat Blue, one of Flat Clear, homemade stencils, more flat clear followed by 4 light coats of Flat White, remove stencils & 2 more coats of flat clear over the stencilled areas ... not entirely sure about the stencil typeface (GalaxyCorps) now ...

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 7 months ago #45405

That's nice Jonny.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 7 months ago #45477

Still need to finish the number plates & then get all the electrics in & tidy, but have got a lot done....

Interior, + battery that will go a shelf inside the body, around Willy's right hand ... Quite pleased with that, may well make some more for the scale garage:

Looks like I was a bit too heavy handed on the flat clear on the windows ... windscreen had a bit of bleed on both sides & I made it far worse by trying to clean it up:

Last ditch attempt before punching all the windows out & trying again was to try polishing it out with Novus Fine Scratch Remover - it looks a bit fake Christmas snow in this pic but not half so bad when you see the thing in the flesh:

:)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 7 months ago #45478

A beauty Jonny.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.