Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 1 month ago #47884

A bit more work on the plans to match the front, rear & top view dimensions to the side ...

... and resized again to suit the CC-01 chassis - overall dimensions are now 4% longer, 20% wider, and 10% taller, that being the best compromise between the front not looking so much like a Humvee & the sides not looking too short ...

Cardboard mockup:

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 1 month ago #47885

Awesome Jonny.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 11 months ago #49836

Apart from one of the Pajero Rally bodies (the one with the "rabbit" flames :whistle: ) I've always just sold the bodies leftover from these build on, so despite having had I think 3 Landfreeders I've never actually painted and decalled one.

Armed with the dregs of a few cans of Tamiya PS paints in approximately the right colours, I thought I'd do this one to keep my hand in - I know these don't look like much, but it turned out to be quite fiddly, so not a bad choice for a "recertification" :)

Struggling for studio space ATM:

Excess detatched in one via score/snap, more like straight through on the sill areas, the vacform is very thin there.
also Masked up for spraying the load bed, grille & bumpers black:

Black done, masking removed, and window masks fitted for spraying the main body colour:

Back again after coats of red, backed with silver:

Decalled up, including old skool KC light covers as I think they look better than the "modern" fake equivalent. I' don't like lexan, or shiny - but it's still quite a good looking truck. No plans for it, will probably stick on eBay at some point.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, mongoose1983

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 11 months ago #49841

It looks nice

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 11 months ago #49846

Oh, I LOVE that red landfreeder! Fantástic work con that one, JR! :)

Last edit: by mongoose1983.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 10 months ago #49932

I would like to file a request please Jonny, would it be possible if once you could post a job you have done that is not perfect, just to make us mere mortals feel better about ourselves :) :) :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by goldfish999.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 10 months ago #49937

I would like to file a request please Jonny, would it be possible if once you could post a job you have done that is not perfect, just to make us mere mortals feel better about ourselves :) :) :)

Ah come on, there's no end of mistakes I've posted here, off the top of my head:

- building the wrong sort of grille for the CMP truck;
- having to rebuild the bonnet on the CMP after doing too much simplification on the 1st attempt;
- having to re-rebuild it after it shrank (used too thin materials);
- water pump issues that I never really got to the bottom of;
- building the CMP in the first place (or possibly just painting it blue) - it's just so dull;
- binning a Lowrider Pumpkin project after getting frustrated with it (having made it too complicated);
- pretty much destroying a Cheetah body & having to rebuild it from fragments;
- getting horrendous bloom and raindrop damage on a Scorcher shell;
- (and having stripped it back to nothing) masking pulling off paint, plus clearcoat melting the paint;
- a bug sticking to wet paint on a different scorcher;
- making the back end of that scale scorcher 20mm too narrow;
- mxing paint types on a Sand Rover resulting in having to strip & repaint if for a third time (and the result looking uninspiring);

and so on. You get the idea...
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 10 months ago #49938

All final results are always surprising jonny.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 10 months ago #49963

And so what are you doing with said body? feel free to send it to Australia :) I have a super BF chassis waiting for it :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 10 months ago #49988

And so what are you doing with said body? feel free to send it to Australia :) I have a super BF chassis waiting for it :)

TBH it was/is going to go on eBay at some point with a 35 GBP (incl. UK post) price tag.

I did look at postage costs in case you were interested - A lexan shell of course weighs practically nothing, but boxing it up securely enough to survive the journey* will I think take the weight up to around 1kg so starts getting expensive, "5 day" air (tracked) would be around 19 GBP, untracked "5 day" air 14, or "International Economy" (84 day delivery estimate :blink: ) = 9.

Even with a hefty "mates rates" discount I doubt that's good value compared with what's available in Oz :(

*I don't know if I've still got the photos, but someone once sent me a finished shell wrapped in a single layer of bubblewrap with an address label taped on :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.