Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 11 months ago #50079

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 11 months ago #50087

... how far away from complication are you do ya recon?

I'm only ever 30 to 180 seconds away from complication ;)

Uuuum maybe I should proof read before posting :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Completion is what I meant but complication made for a more interesting post haha :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 11 months ago #50089

Uuuum maybe I should proof read before posting

Please don’t. ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52245

Having finshed the Combine, Bel Ray Bullet and Willy's garage it's time to look at what's next. Although I still want to build a big red tractor, there's no such thing as a cheap set of Clod type axles/wheels/tyres, and the days of being able to buy a half decent complete donor Clod/Super Clod/Bullhead for 80 GBP are long gone. The going rate is around 200 GBP so my own unused-since-rebuild Clod still looks like the best option (well, better than selling it, loosing mone on fees and post and buying an unknown one for more than the net take) , but I'm really not ready to break it up for parts just yet.

The Landy has therefore come to the front of the queue, as it's the only project (other than a static 1:12 Tamiya bike and off brand scooter kit ... and (I think) some 1:32 matchbox plane kits in the loft?) that I have most of the bits for. The only progress so far has been mental: thinking about how to tackle the rolled top of the front wings that carries on down the sides, and the curved sections over the headlights. The "best" solution I have so far is to attempt to make quarter round profile from 6.3mm square styrene strip for the sides (I only have enough for 1 side at the moment :whistle:), and the headlamp boxes with sheet curved over multiple formers ... seems like a plan anyway :)
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, Al

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52256

Making quarter round section out of square form worked surprisingly well, these are leftovers & I do need to another whole 14" strip...

Starting on the sides, minus doors, roof & glass surrounds...

Cores for the curved sections above the headlights ...

And done, with two layers of 0.5mm sheet ..

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52257

Basic shape of front wings done .. it's already very obvious that the front grille will have to be shallower than the 1:1 version, or I'll have to trim the chassis' front wheelarches - must be why Tamiya went for the flat fronted Defender model ...

Lots of filler & sanding to come here ...

Starting on the tailgate:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AJB

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52268

Awesome :y:

You make things look so easy!!!

Last edit: by caprinut.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52293

This is where I've got to so far, grille area is a lot of a compromise & needs further reinforcing + boxing in of the front body mount, front bumper building etc. Doors are next though, to stop the sides flexing :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, AJB

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52294

Another oeuvre d'art.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 6 months ago #52303

Woo! Doors! :D

TBH I don't think there was really any advantage to doing them separately, other than allowing me to start on the bodywork without having enough materials to do the whole sides. Theoretically it would allow the doors to be openable, but I'm not doing a cab back, only what's there on the Britains 1:32 version, and there'd be no way of holding the roof up :whistle:
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, AJB

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.