Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52312

Doors on, working on the windscreen panel ...

In other news, having got through all the Post Office barely stick labels (on an A4 sheet) I've almost exhausted my supply of Avery 3.5" Disk labels (also on A4 sheets, copyright date on the box is 1997 :blink:) so had the choice of what to buy - I've gone for 1 label per sheet so I don't have to tape up the joins, and purely by accident, "opaque", which means they're blue on one side, white on the other... irrelevant, but I hope the multiple layers means they will peel off without tearing :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AJB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52315

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
I love the detail of the vents on the front under the windscreen.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52330

Looking very good :y:

Labels is great to have to be able to send small parcels, I ended up buying some sheets with 8 labels on each sheet last time, because the other variants was stupid expensive.
The norwegian postal service have added a great feature to their system that I have not come to try yet.
From their site you can buy a stamp code, write it down the parcel, dump it in you letterbox, and postman will pick it up the next morning.
Think it only work for domestic tho.
But the rest of their postal service is rubbish, not working on Saturdays, and from 2020 they will only deliver post two days a week.

Last edit: by caprinut.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52331

These labels are strictly for printing out plans to use on card mockups, or sticking to styrene sheet and using as cutting guides :)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52359

Should be doing the front end body mount/bumper etc & the bonnet, got distracted by putting its "face" on ... yes, those are Wild Willy headlamps :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52361

Sweet!

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52362

These labels are strictly for printing out plans to use on card mockups, or sticking to styrene sheet and using as cutting guides :)

Ah, you clever boy :y: :y: :laugh:

I may steal that idea one day..

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52399

Still needs more work but the basic bumper shape is there ... looks slightly at an angle but when I measure it all appears to be square ... will have to give it a bit of a tweak as visually it's on the wonk ...

Working on the ribs to shape the bonnet (hoo) ...

Despite careful measuring, maths, scaling & cutting, I still had to make quite a few corrections ... waiting for it all to stiffen up/set before tidying:

:)
Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52416

More work on the bonnet: edging & bracing:

2nd layer of 0.5mm sheet on:

Everything trimmed back to correct size, filler on leading edge:

Under side:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 5 years 5 months ago #52417

Grille panel turned out to be a poor match in terms of shape, so I dremmelled the top down & have added extensions to the sides so I can make a 2nd attempt ...

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.564 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.