Keyword

TOPIC:

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46853

still looking great man! Thanks for the heads up on the 4x4 driver, I should have recognized him...but without his head and feet :sick: ....sort of like a crime seen investigator.....:laugh: It is also nice they are available again because they are cheap too. :y:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46865

I think you can see what I was trying to do here - M3 cap head screw rides in the aluminium cam ring to change unloader angle, that cam is located in a holder by two M3 grubscrew, M4 studding holds it all together under pressure from the spring ...

It didn't work, so current setup is a new holder, and a 608 skate bearing held in place by three M4 grubscrews, M8 studding acts as a shaft & no spring is required ... mk.i actuation setup needs several upgrades - mk.ii will get 5mm ball joints & 3mm shaft, servo saver with extension (lots more throw is required), shakeproof washers & servo mount blocks...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46902

Cab interior details (floor, steering column, control/gauge box) plus brackets for screwing down the roof - note the Helicoil/V-Coil threads. It's not as if this will be coming apart many times, but anywhere an M2, M3 or M4 thread screws into plastic, I've taken the Rolls Royce approach & fitted an insert as a matter or course :)

Attachment not found

With the lights (from a Grasshopper driver sprue, scooped out & fitted with an LED, stuffed with Milliput & a Lexan lens), fake air cleaner and engine cover details fitted, it's mostly complete from the front view. I'll move on to the left side next where there's still plenty to do (grain tank lower part & sump, fuel tank, tool box & "power" bulges, steps & railings, plus various mouldings, panel edges & fastener details).
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, stingray-63, VCR

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46903

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, VCR

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46912

Fan, grille & steps fitted ...

Working on the grain tank sump...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, stingray-63, VCR

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46913

That looks great, those details just keep bringing this to life, I also enjoy the way you always seem to add some Tamiya parts into the mix, I can't wait for the next update!!
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46925

Reworked/beefed up unloader mechanism works a lot better now, although the "spring" part of the servo saver is a bit weak ...

Starting on the fake fuel tank...

... complete & ready to fit...

... and fitted, along with the pulley cover (the matchbox sized lump), pressed "stripes", etc ...still debating whether to make a make support bar rivet for the back box (only present on the 1:32 version), definitely not going to put one on the engine cooling fan grille ... also undecided on how to construct the railings, choices are chunky styrene to replicate the toy, or brass to look more like the 1:1 ... I have pretty much decided to do another pass of details (gleaned from photos of the real thing) once I've complete the 1st pass of the top & the right sideas there are a few things I can add (extra grabrails, mirrors, enormous spanner, etc) :)

The following user(s) Liked this: Purple_rob, VCR

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46926

Awesome Jonny

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 4 months ago #46927

Such a shame you have no talent for this :pinch: ;) :P

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Purple_rob, VCR

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 6 years 3 months ago #46980

Working on the secondary structures for the right hand side ... no idea of the specifics, but somewhere in all of that I think there must be at least drive for the threshing mechanism, somewhere for the threshed grain to fall, and a way of lifting it into the tank ... anyway, as usual I just decided it was a series of (sometime funny shaped) boxes ....

All glued on, along with chunky details ... exhaust is smaller bore than the 1:32 "should" be, scaled up ... the main reason for tha is that I have a close wound spring of the right dimensions to act a a temporary internal support while I heated & bent the 3/8" tube, and I didn't have one that would have worked in the 1/2" tube ...

I still have to tackle the top & rear end, but the next thing to deal with here is tidying - I don't think there's one surface (including most of the floor) that isn't covered with parts, offcuts, tools, templates & so on :blush:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.