Keyword

TOPIC:

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 4 years 7 months ago #56411

If you still want to make the wheels, you could use something like these:

shop.assets.shu...xxas-trx-4

6 bolt pattern hub adapter to use on 12mm hex drive.

I used something similar to these on my earlier projects, only they had a slot for the drive pin instead of the 12mm hex drive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 4 years 7 months ago #56416

You maybe could use wt01 rims. They have monster beetle size and 12 mm hexa. And make full moon caps ;)

I did look at options like that, but they would always be a compromise in terms of the 30mm narrowing and further negative offset that I want to do :)

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 4 years 7 months ago #56417

If you still want to make the wheels, you could use something like these:

shop.assets.shu...xxas-trx-4

6 bolt pattern hub adapter to use on 12mm hex drive.

I used something similar to these on my earlier projects, only they had a slot for the drive pin instead of the 12mm hex drive.

What you describe was very much like I have in mind :)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 4 years 7 months ago #56429

Here is a other option, based on the popular SLW pattern by Vanquish, only difference it's metric instead of Vanquish standard hardware which I personly hate.

www.rcmart.com/...ath=35_780

Integy still do the drive pin to 6 bolt hub adapter :)
www.integy.com/...WWRUOgzbIU

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 4 years 7 months ago #56432

I have integy 12mm adaptors for a clod. To put 12mm hexa wheeles. If interested....

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 4 years 7 months ago #56448

I have integy 12mm adaptors for a clod. To put 12mm hexa wheeles. If interested....

Thanks stingray, I appreciate the thought but I'm keen to do it all myself ... You don't keep a cat and miaouw for yourself ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 4 years 7 months ago #56451

Your productions are always largely more realistic too. :y:

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 4 years 6 months ago #57003

Started an experimental tractor wheel in 63.5mm aluminium rod, chopped down to c. 20mm thick, faced, rim/land/dish/boss details added (or rather, not cut away) on the outer face, rim/land/flat/hub cup "added" on inside, also started on a stub tool so I can turn down the outside to the finished diameter & cut a wide groove for the tyre beads.

This is meant to be experimental, being what I think is the minimum width, maximum negative offset I can achieve to fit a Monster Beetle Pin Spike tyre & still have it fit on a Pajero Wheelie (grasshoppr, hornet etc) rolling rigid rear axle. I'm quite prepared for it to be wrong (especially the offset, possibly leading to the right tyre fouling the motor/wires) - but I do expect the amount of wrongness to be instructive, and to inform the making of subsequent pairs.

My cunning plan is to use M4 cap head screws fitted the "wrong" way round so that the heads fit the indents in the face of the hubs, dome nuts on the visible side will tidy the threads up.

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63, Al

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 4 years 6 months ago #57004

You are a lathe master Jonny.

1:10 scale farm machinery scratchbuilds 4 years 6 months ago #57006

I don't know about that ... my design was flawed (or at least overly optimistic) & the wheel suffered some burst through while I was cutting the groove for the tyre beads :(

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.