Keyword

TOPIC:

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 4 months ago #32223

Probably doesn't show up that well on most of it, but I've gone over the detail edges with a wash of Hull Red darkened down with Rubber Black, I think that's dirty enough for now - so I'm going to call this project finished.

The hitch arrangement (long M4 screw, penny washers, threaded spacer, wing nut) is crude but it does give a reasonable degree of articulation between the tractor & tanker - the tractor can still wheelie if it really needs to (though the back window & roof will hit the tanker pipework & the tanker drawbar will be on the ground), and the tractor can be 2" (50mm) off the ground on one rear wheel before the tanker wheel starts to lift on the same side.

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, TommieG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 4 months ago #32224

Just awesome Jonny

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 4 months ago #32232

Excellent work!
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Massey Ferguson 760 Combine Harvester Scratchbuild 6 years 9 months ago #45066

Another future project ... TBH I'm more enthused by this than the possibility of a Konghead-based Fuchs build - funny how having the release date put back six weeks without any sort of explanation can have that effect :whistle:

It could be a while before I start this, but I don't feel too bad in putting this up as placeholder in the meantime - sometimes it takes me a while to get there (like with the CMP/Quad Tractor), but I always follow through with my ideas ...

I've been thinking about this for at least a year, during the week I took the plunge & bought a "spares or repair" 1/32 scale Britains Massey Ferguson 760 Combine Harvester.

I had one as a youngster (the scale version :whistle:) at the end of the 1970s & have been thinking this would be a good (if rather ambitious) subject for a scratchbuild. Just how functional it could be remains to be seen, I can't see it being able to actually cut anything, but I'd like to have a rotating reel & platform auger, plus have the ability to lift the cutting head ....

That might have to be it to maintain traditional left stick speed/right stick steer on a cheap 6-channel TX, however I'd also like and to separately rotate the unloader - to do that I might look at speed/steer on the right stick (probably a 55T motor with end point adjustment on the TX to further limit the speed) + ratcheted up/down on the left stick controlling the cutting head up/down, L/R on L. stick for reel speed control, right pot. unloader swing, l. pot. lights? (might as well use all the channels ;) ).

Extrapolating from the model for 1:10 scale, key dimensions are around 500mm width for the cutting head :y: :) , 305mm front track, 208mm rear track, 375mm wheelbase - a Lunchbox type gearbox /wheels for the drive end, and modded Scorcher wheels + F103 upright kit & homemade axle for rear steer duties...

Visual sources - 1:1 photo, 2x as bought on eBay, 1:1 in action, and the build theme song (even if it is a lower spec John Deere in the Wurzels video ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63

Massey Ferguson 760 Combine Harvester Scratchbuild 6 years 9 months ago #45068

I am excited to see this building project Jonny:evil: :evil: :evil: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Massey Ferguson 760 Combine Harvester Scratchbuild 6 years 8 months ago #45100

1:32 combine arrived, considerably less complete than stated - but (after cleaning) what was there did glue up ok & the result is more than good enough to photograph & draw plans from :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Massey Ferguson 760 Combine Harvester Scratchbuild 6 years 8 months ago #45103

Wow. It was realy dirty...

Massey Ferguson 760 Combine Harvester Scratchbuild 6 years 8 months ago #45118

That's the kind of project that I love :y: Are you going to use styrene or steel sheets? I'll be checking your work. ;)

Last edit: by mongoose1983.

Massey Ferguson 760 Combine Harvester Scratchbuild 6 years 8 months ago #45132

... Are you going to use styrene or steel sheets? I'll be checking your work. ;)

The last time I used sheet metal on RC car bodies was previously used lithographic aluminium plates in the mid 1980s - we used to cut out very basic 3 box saloon shapes with tin snips, duct tape them together & hold demolition derbys :D

My preference is always going to be styrene - not only is detail easier to do, I can do it indoors, sitting down, with very basic tools/techniques, a few minutes at a time. Steel would mean standing up in the shed, hammering & bending. I'm not saying it's not a valid way of doing things - it's just not for me :)

Massey Ferguson 760 Combine Harvester Scratchbuild 6 years 8 months ago #45133

No progress on this, but I did get something through the post ... the combine on the cover is a Massey Ferguson 780 from the 1960s, LP itself dats from 1976 :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, mongoose1983

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.