Keyword

TOPIC:

Adventures in painting 4 years 8 months ago #55734

Hey that looks great,
Even has the same fuzzy number plate as the full size one :laugh:
But seriously it's great and always appreciated by the receiver, I have done a few for friends and myself. Even though the real cars are gone now the models are always still on the shelf.
Great job on the paint mix too, I have a lot of modeling friends that are so reluctant to try this, if they can't get the right color out of a tin it just simply can't be done sort of thing. I was taught many years ago about how color and gloss both need to adjust for scale, and that looks fairly spot on to me. :y:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adventures in painting 4 years 8 months ago #55793

These pictures have been in my camera for a long, long time ... This is redoing the pinstripes on the 1957 Morris Minor belong to my Dad...

The old stripes were done quite badly & had worn almost completely off in places, I cleaned them off with rubbing compound & IPA.

Recipe for the new lines was 10:1 X7 Red & X9 Brown.

tbc ....
Attachments:

Adventures in painting 4 years 8 months ago #55794

Striper tape comes off the reel with a consistent gap ....

tbc...
Attachments:

Adventures in painting 4 years 8 months ago #55795

I did have a couple of fails where paint got under the masking & needed a bit of a tickle...

Before:

After:

Not pictured is the masking up with J tape & brown paper & sealing with clear ... or where I had to do some repairs where the cat tried to jump through a closed window & scraped its claws over the paint :whistle:
Attachments:

Adventures in painting 4 years 8 months ago #55796

Nice 1:1 work, Jonny!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Adventures in painting 4 years 8 months ago #55800

Really nice. :y:

Adventures in painting 4 years 8 months ago #55856

More photos fromthe bowels of my camera, this time using TRG Super Color Vinyl & Leather Dye (plus their cleaner) to colour the piping on the seats on my dad's 1938 Austin 7 Ruby (now sold):

tbc ...
Attachments:

Adventures in painting 4 years 8 months ago #55857

tbc ...
Attachments:

Adventures in painting 4 years 8 months ago #55858

Cat QA:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Adventures in painting 3 years 9 months ago #60662

Fancied doing something easy/quick over the weekend so had a go at the NSU TT body left over from my "Snowy" (Mini) project.

I wanted to downgrade it to the basic NSU Prinz 1000 model, so cut off the front, side and rear skirts, plus cut out the engine cover & the extra material that hold it "open".

Paint is PS-32 Corsa Grey, backed with the blatantly purple PS-35 Blue Violet...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.