Keyword

TOPIC:

Adventures in painting 1 year 11 months ago #71113

I bought a set (one sheet of red, one blue) of Kyosho Christen Eagle II decals dirt cheap several years ago, thinking I'd get to use them sooner or later ... this still isn't the time, but I redrew/resized the Eagle head & cut them out in 4 colours of vinyl.

The top right one in the second pic is the order I wanted them - but apart from the red & orange eyes needing swapping for a darker colour, all versions could work. Bottom left would be my second choice - and there are still 4 single colour versions too. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adventures in painting 1 year 11 months ago #71133

Made a template of the sides of the body & cut the Eagles down to suit ... added some narrower stripes to the roof & a few other leftover decals. Front end is a little bare but it may be better to leave it like that than get it wrong. 

I've also glued in a bit of mesh in the front windscreen gap & started on a Tamiya Scorcher driver :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, Ducksnuts

Adventures in painting 1 year 11 months ago #71140

Those stickers looks fantastic and suit the body very well!

Adventures in painting 1 year 11 months ago #71141

Magnum style 😁

Adventures in painting 1 year 11 months ago #71178

Added driver... just have to let the paint cure for a while (so it doesn't suffer the bubblewrap/attacked by an octopus look when posting), then I can put it on eBay :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, silvertriple

Adventures in painting 1 year 11 months ago #71180

Snif🤤

Adventures in painting 1 year 6 months ago #72467

Felt like doing some more Buggy Champ bodies, I started with my usual process of trimming 10mm off the bottom edge to make them look a bit slimmer, then primed & sprayed with VW Alpine White acrylic. 

Today I masked them up, starting with 3M 2mm vinyl tape & filling in with various widths of Tamiya tape, then sprayed one each in Ford Maritime Blue, RAL 2003 Pastel Orange, and Post Office Van Red :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

Adventures in painting 1 year 6 months ago #72468

Been  back to the shed for peeling ... the red one may be a bit too Starsky & Hutch ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Adventures in painting 1 year 6 months ago #72470

I love them. And starsky et hutch is one of my children series.  Zebra 3.😁😜

Adventures in painting 1 year 6 months ago #72472

How many Buggy Champ bodies do you have?!?!?!

Last edit: by Ducksnuts.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.