Keyword

TOPIC:

Adventures in painting 3 years 8 months ago #61260

Wahhoo. Nice result.
But what is TAR?

Tar = like crude oil, but thicker/stickier. Usually used on roads :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adventures in painting 3 years 8 months ago #61263

Oh ok. Thanks Jonny. Now I know.
Isn't it an oily liquid like white spirit?

Adventures in painting 3 years 8 months ago #61296

Oh ok. Thanks Jonny. Now I know.
Isn't it an oily liquid like white spirit?

Think La Brea Tar Pits ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Adventures in painting 3 years 8 months ago #61297

Body trimmed down & edges tidied up, then windows & whole outside masked.

Sprayed, & peeled.

Blue was a lot darker than I'd have liked, thought I could lift it with a load of white vinyl.

Didn't much like that, so peeled a lot of the white & added sponsor decals (all spare repro).

Still don't much like it, but I'm waiting on some 0.5mm Aluminium sheet so I can make a roof to cover all the extra holes, and some matt black vinyl for an anti-glare panel in front of the windscreen - and the parts for the rear body clip. I'm also going to add a driver & some white stripes either side of the ridges on the front.

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Adventures in painting 3 years 8 months ago #61298

Moving on to the Scorcher shell, the glass came up a little better than it appears in the photo (400 grit wet & dry up 2000 grit, then Novus Heavy Scratch Remover, then Fine, then Clean & Shine),

Red paint was really, really thick, followed by grey primer, the odd traces of other colours (black, green, yellow, white i think) - unfinished photo is after at least 3 attempts with the end :( of my De-Solv-It gel, later pics are after somewhere between 6 & 9.

Note the filler & glass fibre/resin - both are lifting at the edges & will need completely removing.

Number plates are (possibly) a bonus, PO has attempted to remove them & broken the rear & damaged the edges of the front :whistle:

Lots of work here then ...

Attachments:

Adventures in painting 3 years 8 months ago #61299

Now this on the other hand is going quite well - this also needs a matt black panel in front of the driver & possibly something on the roof - then it'll be time for decals :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Adventures in painting 3 years 8 months ago #61301

I love your lexan body. And the last srb is very nice to.

Adventures in painting 3 years 8 months ago #61317

I added the white stripes & matt black anti glare panel to the polycarb TMS body, decided I hated it much less like that & thought I'd do a less half-assed job of it ...

After peeling & polishing, I reworked the panels to make them slightly smaller & extend on to the front stripes, and cut them out in "ivory" SA vinyl. I broke into two new (MciRacing) decal sheets rather than using leftovers this time :)

The modded re-re Buggy Champ got panels on the roof & in front of the driver, plus the racing/sponsor decals left from my Jagermeister TT body.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Adventures in painting 3 years 8 months ago #61319

I like this body resto a lot B) Nice work JR

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Adventures in painting 3 years 8 months ago #61320

Oh and what is this new backdrop you have? A poster or have you become a Graffiti artist too ;)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.