Keyword

TOPIC:

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66264

Assembled the blue one at the same time as the orange, but haven't got any further with it yet...

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66265

I love this body style.  
p.s. gold and transparent colors works well. I already tried this mix and the result was good.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, jord001

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66268

Blue Buggy Champ body decalled up ... looks too much on by itself, but makes more sense once it's on a chassis. 

The idea was to keep this chassis as a mule to put various bodies/wheels on as the mood took me - but TBH now I've sold the vintage Scorcher body (too much work) & the 2010 re-re body (just couldn't face doing all that masking for a boxart-ish scheme), and used the Ranger wheels on the Super Brat, I think just keep one of the 4 current bodies.

There's very little love for Lexan bodies, & my "proper" (or at least, my "had slightly more work put in to it") Bel Ray Bullet is better* than the light blue one so both of those are eBay candidates. The Jagermeister body is the better looking of the two remaining, but the orange one is close to what it "should" be & I think is my new favourite :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66271

Wow! Those turned out awesome in my opinion!
The light blue one is my favorite I think.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66290

Jager and orange are my favourite

Adventures in painting 2 years 8 months ago #67769

I didn’t really want to sell the 3 Buggy Champs & TMS body – I know it was partially my fault for listing all 4, but I honestly expected them to sell one a time, slowly, so I could end the last one (whatever it happened to be) early & not leave my spare SRB chassis naked.

I’ve had my fill of Scorcher box art bodies, and although I could have done something with my spare vacformed Beetle body at “no” cost, the semi- box art orange Funco buggy one I’d done most recently kind of grew on me, so I thought I’d repeat that. 

I won an eBay listing for an incomplete (fasteners & body clip) Buggy Champ body set – but I have plenty of the former & a spare one of the latter. I set about trimming off the lip on back portions, 10mm off the bottom of the sides, just 6mm off the front this time. The light “ears” were cut off the roof, the roof widened and holes drilled for mesh tiedown, and a flat panel added to the front… so pretty much what I’ve done to every Buggy Champ body I’ve had :D (I think it’s 5 now).

After sanding, cleaning, priming & more sanding, I got the first bit of colour on today – VW Alpine White. Unfortunately, a number of fruit flies found it very compelling, so I’m going to leave if for some time to cure & hope they can be sanded off. To me it’s just a slightly off-white colour (like 999 parts machine white & 1 part brown), but there must be some “interesting” (to fruit flies) going on the in the Infrared (>400nm) part of the spectrum.

They weren’t interested in the white or grey primers, VW Mars Red, two varieties of black, or Ford Sierra Beige that I also used this afternoon, my Hawaiian shirt (a fairly tame blue one TBH), but did show some interest in the Fiat Broom yellow, but nothing like as much. Although perhaps there weren’t any left as the were already all stuck to the Alpine White :whistle:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Adventures in painting 2 years 8 months ago #67795

I'm getting slightly better at this, only two bits of minor bleed under the vinyl tape where the curves were most acute ... and two bits of drift where the Tamiya masking tape lifted a bit between coats without me noticing.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Adventures in painting 2 years 8 months ago #67819

Better shot of the paint fails - bleed was entirely hidden by the Kyosho Micron line tape (1mm), drift sanded off with very fine wet & dry. Just need a not windy, not dusty, not rainy or humid day :whistle: for the clear :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001, Clive533

Adventures in painting 2 years 8 months ago #67877

Behind on the helmet, but made a lot of progress on Finding Nemo the orange Funco body mk.2, even sacrificing a (repro) Racing Buggy 'B' sheet to get the bigger Auto Haus & NGK decals :)

110 BMR decals on the side pods are a layer of black & a smaller layer of white this time.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Adventures in painting 2 years 8 months ago #67884

looks great 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.