Keyword

TOPIC:

Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 4 months ago #46939

Afternoon all, and here goes a long shot :).

As some of you know I repro vintage Tamiya parts and have done scorcher mirrors and handles, plus some Countach and 936 parts. Many years ago I had a mould of the old Hilux mirror but I must have thrown it out.

Well I'm after another original on spur (preferably) but to borrow. Now I know it's a slim chance to go sending off a vintage rare part to another forum member but hopefully there are a few people that can vouch for me and before TB was here I was a member 10+ years ago... so I am not going anywhere.

The deal is basically this, I need to borrow a mirror preferably on spur in tip top condition to take a mould of. I will not damage or affect the original part in the process, but I will also guarantee I will pay (or let you hold) an agreed given insurance sum in the slim chance anything happens. All my mould come from originals and I have never damaged one in the slightest previously.

In return I can pay £ or make you 3 copies cast in white or black of the original. Fully tracked postage both ways will be covered by me of course.

I will reach out to a few contacts in the meantime :).

Lars, let me know this post is acceptable for the forum, also let me know if you can help out buddy.

Thanks all

Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 4 months ago #46940

Sorry. I can't help you but your project is very gentle for everyone. :y:

Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 4 months ago #46943

Rob, post is good, and a very good initiative if you ask me :-)
I'll have a look among my spares, but I don't think I have the mirror on the sprue.

Are the 58028 Hilux and 58048 Bruiser the same mirrors?

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re:Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 4 months ago #46945

Got a Bruiser mirror of i find the time I can make some pics and measurements.

Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 4 months ago #46946

I was under the impression they were the same but more info from everyone would be great for all of us I am sure.

I don't think I posted my chromed repro scorcher mirrors and handles on here did I. They were pretty good but I only made a small first batch to see what it was all about. A few tweaks and i'll get some more out next year.

The sets I did have sold within the hour to a few people who had put their names against them along the way and a couple on eBay.

Last edit: by Purple_rob.

Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 4 months ago #46947

I was under the impression they were the same but more info from everyone would be great for all of us I am sure.

I checked the manuals, and yes, Hilux and Bruiser use the same chrome sprue, meaning the mirrors are the same.

I found one mirror among my parts, but the two parts are glued, apart from that the mirror is in good condition.

Let me know if you want to borrow that to cast from.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 3 months ago #46981

I saw an add on fb from a french toyota dealer.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

Re:Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 3 months ago #46982

I think that’s the UK Toyota importer who did that Bruiser conversion

Re:Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 3 months ago #46983

I don't know but the post was from a local french dealer near my work.

Re:Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 3 months ago #46984

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by larbut.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.