Keyword

TOPIC:

Re:Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 3 months ago #46985

Google is your friend ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 3 months ago #46986

You're so right. And ebay your account ennemy :D

Re:Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 2 months ago #47117

Well here is a teaser for you all, a member on here which I will let identify themselves if they want, contacted me. He had a new in pack mirror which you can see and was willing to lend it to me. The next day it arrived in the post and I started work on the mould.

I am quite meticulous on my mounds and it took me several hours to do even the first side set up.

I have got to say, one of the best members I have come across and we've had quite a conversation on what's app
Attachments:

Re:Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 2 months ago #47118

You are a tamiya treasures conservator
Congrats purplerob.

Re:Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 2 months ago #47248

hi rob
not a problem at all helping you out with the mirror. nice to see someone with the passion to replicate such a rare item
and the quality of your pieces is fantastic so i take my hat of to you
regards rory
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re:Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 2 months ago #47282

Here’s a couple of pictures for you guys of the finished piece. Very pleased at the outcome. I have them now available if anyone needs?

These take me about 45 minutes per piece, very laborious. I hope that it’s economic as I’m asking £14.99 each, plus posty.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Purple_rob.

Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 2 months ago #47285

Man... they look factory quality!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 2 months ago #47292

Your molding is awesome Rob. Very nice. Not especialy expensive too.

Re:Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 2 months ago #47293

Is that 15£ for plain or chrome version? Look very nice

Re:Replicating the Hilux Bruiser Vintage mirror - Need an original 6 years 2 months ago #47294

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it.

Plain version in a white or black cast.

I will not get back in to chrome get for a few months yet and need some more practice with the process.

I'm also nervous as I'd add another £10 on. I feel they would be well worth the money but the outlay and time are near not worth doing it. However the pure satisfaction for provide them for other people is really what drives me, plus the highest of quality I can possibly manage. I end up discarding 50% of what I make as it doesn't quite cut it for me.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Last edit: by Purple_rob.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.