Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is silicone sealant safe on hard plastic (styrene?) bodies? 5 years 1 month ago #54351

• AJB
  • AJB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
I'm thinking of adding LEDs to a Honda City Turbo build, and wondering about using a bit of silicone sealant (the stuff you use around a bath or shower) both to hold the LEDs in and to block out any backwards light spill. I assume it's safe on the plastic (it seems safe on most things), but just though I'd check in case before I ruin anything!

The alternative is to use a drop of something like Araldite to hold the LEDs in, then paint the back to block out the light spill.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Is silicone sealant safe on hard plastic (styrene?) bodies? 5 years 1 month ago #54355

Silicone will be safe with hard plastic.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Is silicone sealant safe on hard plastic (styrene?) bodies? 5 years 1 month ago #54361

You can also use dedicated stuff like Hudy Bodyfix.

This is ment to fix cracks in lexan bodys, but it will also hold stuff like led's to a hardbody like the City Turbo.
Ampro Engineering have also a Youtube video of installing led's to his City Turbo :)

Is silicone sealant safe on hard plastic (styrene?) bodies? 5 years 1 month ago #54362

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi,
Silicone sealant I doubt would leave any marks.
A glue gun is another alternative .
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Is silicone sealant safe on hard plastic (styrene?) bodies? 5 years 1 month ago #54364

• AJB
  • AJB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Great - thank you guys! That Ampro build is amazing - love it. I'm thinking of just simple single front and rear LEDs - I've perhaps watched Matteo's video a few too many times! He's got a lot to answer for - he keeps making me buy things!!!
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.