Keyword

TOPIC:

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 9 months ago #55454

Some time ago I was lucky enough to get my hands on a practically NIB Black Porsche, I’d naturally been looking for a very long time and had my heart set on something I could build or was in as best condition I could get.

Some of you have already seen this on social media but back when I was twisting Lars’s ear about details he said “I expect a detailed thread on TB” haha, well I knew I would always want to share with you.

When I got this it had some bits fallen off the trees and the blister box had opened up a bit, some may be inquisitive about why I’d build too. Truth be told I was also at a point where most of my collection sat in brown boxes in the loft, something iconic like this to build and display was going to tick a big box.

More pictures to follow when I get time to get some proper ones...

First set of pictures “preperation” opening the screw bags and getting ready.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Purple_rob.

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 9 months ago #55455

Ok so opening the manual and get started, I was really trying to to scratch the black chassis but immediately saw the contrast of the screws on the black.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by Purple_rob.

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 9 months ago #55456

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Some time ago I was lucky enough to get my hands on a practically NIB Black Porsche, I’d naturally been looking for a very long time and had my heart set on something I could build or was in as best condition I could get.

Some of you have already seen this on social media but back when I was twisting Lars’s ear about details he said “I expect a detailed thread on TB” haha, well I knew I would always want to share with you.

When I got this it had some bits fallen off the trees and the blister box had opened up a bit, some may be inquisitive about why I’d build too. Truth be told I was also at a point where most of my collection sat in brown boxes in the loft, something iconic like this to build and display was going to tick a big box.

More pictures to follow when I get time to get some proper ones...

Rob, you so have to build it. What’s the point otherwise.
Looking forward to seeing more.
Well done. And enjoy.

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 9 months ago #55462

Thanks Al, I was having a little trouble with uploading pics on the phone last night so I’ll add more today. I have already pretty much built it.

I should have been clearer in my above posts so have tweaked them a little, these are my build pics :).
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 9 months ago #55463

You're a brave man building one of these, Rob! I kind of envy you the experience but it's still not too late for me.
The combination of the rarity of the kit and the trickiness of building one of these is daunting.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the build :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 9 months ago #55480

I'm really looking forward to the details of this build. This is certainly the closest I will ever get to one of them.

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 9 months ago #55484

Love the green baize under the screw bag contents :D

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 9 months ago #55491

Hi Rob,

you know that we adore such bravery ;-)
Love what you did and respect for buiulding it.

Maybe put the rest of the pics also in this thread?

cheers, Koen

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 9 months ago #55493

Thank you all....

Jonny, I actually deliberately lined that little box just before sorting the screw bags out haha! That was almost just as fun.

(I can only upload 4 at a time) More pics :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

A rare opportunity to Build a 58001 Black Porsche 4 years 9 months ago #55494

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.570 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.