Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63569

I have no more space for shelves but some years ago I built tiny dioramas with cigare boxes sides. But a small 1/24 workshop should find its place 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63656

After being ill this weekend I woke up after just 3 hours sleep this morning.
Did a quick shop round and I felt for doing some rc stuff while the dishwasher did its thing.

So I built the last boxes I have

And all of them

I have also downloaded a bunch other rc car boxes, manly crawler ones.
Project this week is to get my copy machine up and running again me thinks..

And while I visited a friend on Friday, he told me they have a laminate machine I can borrow.when I need it 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63657

I dug out my printer today after many years doing nothing.

First I scanned a few items and that worked flawlessly.
Printing not so much...
It would actually not print anything, think the ink is too old now.
So that I will need to order.

And non of my paint etc prorgrams would let me resize my scans to millimetes.
I need to investigate those further..

Jonny, what program do you use to make the mini boxes etc?

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63658

JASC PaintShopPro v5.01 that came free with a scanner 20+ years ago. It's a bit clunky & basic, but TBH it does what I need in an "art" package (layers, line tools, text, deformations, rotation, resizing, colour change/replacement, sharpen filter etc etc) without being intimidating like CorelDRAW was - I had a paid "seat" for that for a number of years & really disliked it. It might of been super powerful with all manner of features, but it was the equivalent of having your first driving lesson in a fully armed F-35 instead of a mid-spec Golf :D

ps I'm skeptical your printer will ever work again if the ink dried out in it a long time ago :( You might be better off getting a basic Epson all-in-one than spending on ink & then having to buy a new printer anyway.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63659

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Richard, the nozzles on your printer could well be blocked.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63661

That didn't work as well as I'd hoped, lost about 1/2 the resolution :(

edit - while doubling in size, apparently :blink:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63662

JASC PaintShopPro v5.01 that came free with a scanner 20+ years ago. It's a bit clunky & basic, but TBH it does what I need in an "art" package (layers, line tools, text, deformations, rotation, resizing, colour change/replacement, sharpen filter etc etc) without being intimidating like CorelDRAW was - I had a paid "seat" for that for a number of years & really disliked it. It might of been super powerful with all manner of features, but it was the equivalent of having your first driving lesson in a fully armed F-35 instead of a mid-spec Golf :D

ps I'm skeptical your printer will ever work again if the ink dried out in it a long time ago :( You might be better off getting a basic Epson all-in-one than spending on ink & then having to buy a new printer anyway.

Aha, I see.
I may need to invest in some sort of program then.
I need something simple, that is not confusion delux with million of features.
To date I have failed in learning to 3d draw, just to much options to remember what does what.

I also looked up on ink, and the orginal ink for my Epson DX4450 is indeed expensive.
But found an alternative which cost 26 quid including shipping to my door, which also includes 2 cartige of black.
Looking online and I did find a HP DeskJet 2710 AiO which is on sale for 35quid, it's one of those all in one including ink.
But review on that was not great, used plenty of ink, write to much ink so details is lacking and it needs to be used regularly..

Found another one tho'
Canon Pixma TS3351 AIO inkjet-printer at 44 quid.
Canon used to be quality so that may be worth the money.
Not many cheap printers around my neck of wood, most of them cost 2-3 times that.

But as you said, my printer may not work even fitted with new ink.
I did a nozzle clean. and there is plenty black left, so it should print something, but nothing so far.
Hmmm..

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63663

Richard, the nozzles on your printer could well be blocked.

I did a nozzle clean, but it did nothing happend.
But it may have been both blocked and the ink being dry.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63664

Attachment not found

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 3 years 2 months ago #63665

That didn't work as well as I'd hoped, lost about 1/2 the resolution :(

edit - while doubling in size, apparently :blink:

Bugger the email did not work.
But it's better than nothing 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.